Hello From the Netherlands

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pieterro80

I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself here. I am Pieter Jakobs and live in Horst, the Netherlands. I am 65 years old and now retired after a career entirely in the lighting industry. All my life I have listened to music. It started as a child playing records on a 1959 Philips suitcase gramophone AG9133! Later, I always had a stereo set ready, usually of the Philips and Dual brands. By chance, about 10 years ago, I received a Sansui QRX 3000 as a gift from a colleague. He wanted to get rid of it because the unit was faulty. I repaired it and was immediately impressed by the device. Apart from this QRX 3000, I now have a QRX 3500, a QRX 6500 and a QRX 9001. I listen alternately to my stereo setup (with devices from Luxman and Accuphase) and to my quadro setup and am very taken with Sansui's old devices. My taste is predominantly classical music with some forays into jazz. I also like old rock. That, in a nutshell, is my introduction to 4-channel music. Incidentally, I have no other modern surround devices.

Kind regards, Pieter

DSC_0847.jpg

This the setup. With a speaker switch (LUB 27) (and also with an input switch) I can go from one device to another without the need of endless hooking up of cables. The QRX 3500 is in use in another room....

Last edited:
I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself here. I am Pieter Jakobs and live in Horst, the Netherlands. I am 65 years old and now retired after a career entirely in the lighting industry. All my life I have listened to music. It started as a child playing records on a 1959 Philips suitcase gramophone AG9133! Later, I always had a stereo set ready, usually of the Philips and Dual brands. By chance, about 10 years ago, I received a Sansui QRX 3000 as a gift from a colleague. He wanted to get rid of it because the unit was faulty. I repaired it and was immediately impressed by the device. Apart from this QRX 3000, I now have a QRX 3500, a QRX 6500 and a QRX 9001. I listen alternately to my stereo setup (with devices from Luxman and Accuphase) and to my quadro setup and am very taken with Sansui's old devices. My taste is predominantly classical music with some forays into jazz. I also like old rock. That, in a nutshell, is my introduction to 4-channel music. Incidentally, I have no other modern surround devices.

Kind regards, Pieter http://essaypapers.reviews/
Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:
Back