Here we go again - DSOTM DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you read James Guthrie's interview on Audio Revolution, it sounds like neither he or the Pink Floyd members are interested in/willing to sign off on a DVD-A version.

>>So... now that I bought the SACD, do you think it's true??

That's why this post is in the "rumor" section. :D

Besides, we all know James Guthrie is biased against DVD-A. One can easily speculate why........, no baloney!

:-jon

You don't mean something along the lines of "ka-ching" do you Jon? ;)

I'd like to see Animals and Meddle added to that list....
Can you imagine Echoes in surround sound like at the concerts!:cool:
Rob

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Can you imagine Echoes in surround sound like at the concerts![/quote]

I have to believe that there were professional tapes made of the sound board at those concerts, and that something exists in some vault somewhere that preserves that 4-channel mix used at those concerts.

However, Pink Floyd seems to be one of the most political of musical groups (meaning internal politics), so we are unlikely to ever hear any of that stuff.

I wish that all musicians were like Paul McCartney. A few months ago, a music store owner spotted him on a plane, and got into a conversation about "Let It Be" and how much everyone would like to hear the original version (pre-Spector). McCartney agreed about the musical merits of that version, and right now, engineers are working on a release. :cool:

What a pleasant contrast to many musicians who have their ___ up their ___ ...

Back