Mark Knopfler's. Guitar Heroes. "Going Home" Charity Release Deluxe with Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This release is one song.
I just finished the Apple Atmos listen, very good.
My CD arrived yesterday and I read the liner notes.
This charity is one song and super good.
You don't need anyone to tell you Jeff Beck opens song. There are so many layers, I cannot pick out all of the artists, 66 in total.
The liner notes only have a handful of quotes from the 66.
There is no info of order. Ringo and Zak are said to trade back and forth on kit to make it sound like one kit.
Clapton plays electric and acoustic.
It's just really hard to identify who plays a rhythm or a guitar lick.
I'll listen again and see if I can pull out others like Brian May.
Have fun with this on Apple.
I've played this every day since its release, really love it. I've picked out Jeff Beck, Brian May, Tom Morello and David Gilmour, I think.:unsure:

Well, it seems this blu-ray does really exist but numbers must be very limited. There are two on ebay one at £70 with 2+ days to go and the other at £155 with 1+ day remaining. I don't see that the proceeds are going to donated to The Teenage Cancer Trust though. I am not sure as I have not looked at the ebay price tracker for a long time but this could smash the record for the price / pro rata price for a single track. I did also note a link on the same page to a seller listing the SDE Paul Young 'No Parlez' blu-ray and 2CD bundle at £120 despite it still being available directly from SDE for £42. Mind numbing!
Final bid.......£170.......for one track! And not a teenager in sight? Unless the seller is donating to the Cancer Trust this is a terrible situation created by the staggeringly low number of blu-rays produced. I agree that a download of this with a contribution is definitely the best way to eliminate the scalping; all funds raised should support the great cause.

Final bid.......£170.......for one track! And not a teenager in sight? Unless the seller is donating to the Cancer Trust this is a terrible situation created by the staggeringly low number of blu-rays produced. I agree that a download of this with a contribution is definitely the best way to eliminate the scalping; all funds raised should support the great cause.
I agree. I would think a DL, while the market might be small, would increase the percentage of each sale that goes to the charities. I made @sjcorne aware of this wish. I hope he and his surround cohorts are looking into it.

Reactions: PK
I agree. I would think a DL, while the market might be small, would increase the percentage of each sale that goes to the charities. I made @sjcorne aware of this wish. I hope he and his surround cohorts are looking into it.
indiana-jones-raiders-of-the-lost-ark.gif

I'm confused. I see 2 different singles on YouTube, one with the heros and another live 2014 🫣. Then I think I found blu-rays for sale with only one track for crazy prices... Am I daydreaming?😁😬

There’s a Cd single & blu ray with Atmos combo that was ( supposedly) released that no one here was able to get their hands one one .almost like a mystery release . I saw it at Townsend music only and it was sold out from day one .. and that’s the version going for crazy money already .. so much for charity .. go figure ..:(
The Dolby Atmos version is available on Apple 🍏 music ..

Back