Mark Knopfler's. Guitar Heroes. "Going Home" Charity Release Deluxe with Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
A discussion of this release started in the SDE One Deep River thread. I didn't want to keep polluting that thread with discussion about a different release.

Here is the info/order page.
https://www.markknopflersguitarheroes.com/

So does anyone know what's really up with this? Is it vaporware? Did I miss something? Is there some unique strategy (or problem) in the works. It's a mystery to me.

It is "available" as an LP , a CD, a CD/Blu-ray Atmos deluxe set, and as a stereo digital download. The release date for all versions is this Friday, March 15. You can preorder the download and the LP. The CD and deluxe edition are listed as Out Of Stock.

As yet, I haven't heard from anyone here that they have pre ordered a copy. Is it really possible that this flew under every QQer's radar?

As far as I know, there was never an open window to make a pre order. It seems the page debuted with the CD and BRD options listed as sold out.

Is it a rollout strategy... See how the DLs and LP sales go before committing to any digital media?

Is it a pressing delay?

Should we believe the demand for this is so great that it sold out all copies of optical media during its preorder period?

If a the physical surround release isn't going to be issued, wouldn't an Atmos DL make sense?

Last edited:
A discussion of this release started in the SDE One Deep River thread. I didn't want to keep polluting that thread with discussion about a different release.

Here is the info/order page.
https://www.markknopflersguitarheroes.com/

So does anyone know what's really up with this? Is it vaporware? Did I miss something? Is there some unique strategy (or problem) in the works. It's a mystery to me.

It is "available" as an LP , a CD, a CD/Blu-ray Atmos deluxe set, and as a stereo digital download. The release date for all versions is this Friday, March 15. You can preorder the download and the LP. The CD and deluxe edition are listed as Out Of Stock.

As yet, I haven't heard from anyone here that they have pre ordered a copy.

As far as I know, there was never an open window to make a pre order.

Is it a rollout strategy... See how the DLs and LP sales go before committing to any digital media?
Is it a pressing delay?
Should we believe the demand for this is so great that it sold out all copies of optical media during its preorder period?

If a the physical surround release isn't going to be issued, wouldn't an Atmos DL make sense?
I did see a pre-order for the Guitarheroes Atmos BD Single/EP on Townsend Music it was either £20 or £25 + £5 P&P (if I remember correctly, which seemed excessive even for a charity BD single) so I didn't bother, and just bought the CD - money goes to Teenage Cancer Charity

I did see a pre-order for the Guitarheroes Atmos BD Single/EP on Townsend Music it was either £20 or £25 + £5 P&P (if I remember correctly, which seemed excessive even for a charity BD single) so I didn't bother, and just bought the CD - money goes to Teenage Cancer Charity
So it was available from a dealer but not from the Knopfler site itself? What diabolical evil is this? Give a shout when you actually get a CD.

I also saw the preorder, but I think it depends on where you are. Quite possible it never went "live" for US visitors.

The standalone CD was available longer than the CD/BD for me, but by now, JPC has sold out as well. MediaMarkt/Saturn, imusic, Just for Kicks and other still offer it, however.

I also saw the preorder, but I think it depends on where you are. Quite possible it never went "live" for US visitors.

The standalone CD was available longer than the CD/BD for me, but by now, JPC has sold out as well. MediaMarkt/Saturn, imusic, Just for Kicks and other still offer it, however.
The US vs Europe thing sounds reasonable and would explain a lot. Anyone know how long the pre-order window was open?

Did anyone successfully order a copy of the deluxe set?

Last edited:
Arrgghhh. Well if anyone finds a way to order the BD post up. Don't understand all this foolishness one bit. Was the BD so overpriced they did a limited run?
Is the madman black or are the windows painted? Jeez Louise. Someone is Nuts.

Seems like it was intended more as a UK release? IDK. I don't have enough info to understand. But it that's the case then I truly am without understanding. Maybe more details will emerge from the murky waters surrounding this release.

Looks like this poster did, for one. Probably more from that forum.

https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=7991.msg175732#msg175732
Edit: Another one. Who probably won't even like it. Expect secondhand copies!
https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=7991.msg177218#msg177218
I could not decipher wtf they were talking about in the posts I read. I mean thanks for the link, but it's all just obscured by clouds at this point. Looked like a bunch of finger pointing with vague references.

I can't believe everyone on the world's largest and best surround community completely missed a Mark Knopfler Atmos release. It just seems like there is more to this story.
I mean, I did post about it on the One Deep River thread, and at the time simply didn't have the energy to start a dedicated thread for it. I'd hope some here will still have seen it...

I mean, I did post about it on the One Deep River thread, and at the time simply didn't have the energy to start a dedicated thread for it. I'd hope some here will still have seen it...
I saw your post the day you posted it. It was listed as sold out on the Knopfler site that day as well, at least for me in the US.

I saw your post the day you posted it. It was listed as sold out on the Knopfler site that day as well, at least for me in the US.
I know I would've said if it showed as sold out for me when I posted that. So it seems like it wasn't available for US customers. Reminiscent of the Steven Wilson box set...

I know I would've said if it showed as sold out for me when I posted that. So it seems like it wasn't available for US customers. Reminiscent of the Steven Wilson box set...
Wow. Well I guess if it's any good and worth seeking out, the only hope would be the European aftermarket.

My CD arrived today - the Blu-ray was sold out before I even got to view the website. Having listened to the ATMOS mix on Apple it's a real shame that the Blu-ray was so limited. The net result is that, instead of the charity making more money, the re-sellers and bootleggers will have a field day.

My CD arrived today - the Blu-ray was sold out before I even got to view the website. Having listened to the ATMOS mix on Apple it's a real shame that the Blu-ray was so limited. The net result is that, instead of the charity making more money, the re-sellers and bootleggers will have a field day.

So now it's release day. The order page shows the LP, CD, And DL available for purchase. No mention of a deluxe set which was previously listed but marked as out of stock. The CD was also previously listed as out of stock.

The conclusion is.... So far.... There was never a window to buy it in the US.

It just gets stranger.

Back