DTS-CD Hits Of 70s

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyandi

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Could one or more DTS convert's do a series of DTS CDs
of Hits of the 70s Vol. 1 2 or more
Using the best decoding and best Tape & Q8 Duplicates
And only the Artist or Orchestras that made them a hit
They would be a great Demo of
Quadraphonic Hits Of 70s
You could ask for a list of hits
I am sure that a number of members would donate
to the club for coppies
Ron

This would indeed be a fun thing to do - but I wonder if you have any idea how much work would be involved?
Firstly, acquiring the source material is the easy part.
Then this would have to be digitized at 24/96 for preference, depending on final media. If we are to use a DTS-CD then we should still digitize at 24/96 to preserve resolution.
The hard part will be the inevitable remastering necessary to make sure that everything sits together on a single disc.
It will be a long job, but a well worthwhile one.

Personally, staying in DVD-A/V would be a better approach as it covers all the bases, but it would be easier to do a straight DTS-CD, no doubt.

All of this is easy to do using DVD-A/V
High Rez plus DTS too.
Set the disc up so it plays according to player - if in a DVD-A player, it will play the Audio_TS and in a DVD-V player it will play the Video_TS with the DTS streams.

Sorry I thought that you could take tracks from all ready done DTS tracks
and make a Compilation Disc
Ron

I've been "working" on something like this for years. I have a bunch of "hits" on my hard drive, captured at 24/96 ready for me to get off my butt. Many of these "hits" come from tapes I bought on eBay just to get the one song.

It's important to spend the time, get the levels to match, and get it right before committing to DVD-A.

I'm starting to do them as well. Just finished a "ROCK" tape featuring:

Take the Money & Run
Paranoid
Smoke on the Water
Get it On
La Grange
Motherless Children
Workin' up a Sweat
Rocky Mountain Way
China Grove
Your mama don't dance
25 or 6 to 4
Frankenstein
Takin' Care of Business
American Woman
Walk this Way
Rock & Roll Hoochie Coo

I do plan on making a "POP", "Country" and "Funk Soul" album as time permits me. They're nice to have in the car. Mine aren't super high quality, encoded to DTS. I used a little noise reduction to reduce the hiss. Most of the songs I ripped off the album discs that I already owned.

Sorry I thought that you could take tracks from all ready done DTS tracks
and make a Compilation Disc
Ron

You can! I use the "Extract Audio from CD" option in Adobe Audition 1.5
You remove the track of audio that you want - it will remain in it's own DTS form.

You can then name the file anything you like. Treat it as you would any other audio file. I name mine "01 - " followed by the songtitle. With each successive song 01 becomes 02, 03, 04 to keep my own track order.

Set a bunch of these DTS files in Nero and burn as an audio CD.

Back