how many of us are musicians

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys!!!
We try to keep active some way or another.. Lis , as usual , wrote and sang the lyrics and played the flute- I did the spanish guitar (man, what a difficult instrument!) and mixed it...the loops are by a coworker of Lis, David L...who, BTW, did NOT like the guitar I played...oh well...we told him that , next time he should be present in the recording session...

Now, let's hear skherbeck's wife singing!!!
Come on , this is a family!!! I'm positive she has great pipes...

I did the spanish guitar (man, what a difficult instrument!) and mixed it...the loops are by a coworker of Lis, David L...who, BTW, did NOT like the guitar I played...oh well...we told him that , next time he should be present in the recording session...
David Lerena plays guitar?
i'm kind of agree with him, there feels sort of lack of experience with guitar, but the tune itself in need of lil'bit more guitar.
there quite lots of artificial sound and the guitar + flute pretty nicely could fill in void beside vocal. that's also could be good
shot to have more if you plan to do surround mix.

I don't know if I've posted to this thread yet. I used to play keyboards. I was on a few fanboy tribute albums to Pink Floyd. I was pretty happy with my playing at one time, but I was never professional class. I owned an ensoniq SQ-2 synthesizer that I played the hell out of.

I also played guitar and bass and drums, but I was even more ham-handed than keyboards. My younger brother is an actual musician, and the best my drumming ever got, he once said with wink, "well, i wouldn't kick you out of the band on the first night, but you'd need to improve." I loved 12/8 time for some reason.

OK, I can't help it... here's the wife last night (damn, I love this little lady!)

[video]https://youtu.be/9EeJFoCWvTo[/video]

Wow, GREAT, lovely mezzosoprano voice!!!!

Love her and make her happy cause my relationship has gone south after 18+ years....

David Lerena plays guitar?
i'm kind of agree with him, there feels sort of lack of experience with guitar, but the tune itself in need of lil'bit more guitar.
there quite lots of artificial sound and the guitar + flute pretty nicely could fill in void beside vocal. that's also could be good
shot to have more if you plan to do surround mix.

I don't know if he does, but my guess is that he doesn't..
thanks otto..
We just do stuff over his loops , which unfortunately are SQUASHED (BEYOND LIMITED), so , next time, we'll do it ourselves...

I'm a classically trained baritone and an audio engineer. My SoundCloud houses my portfolio.

And since everyone is sharing stuff from "back in the day," even though "the day" wasn't long ago for me... Here is slightly embarrassing video of my high school cover band (it's on Facebook, but you don't need an account to see it). Nearly at "peak hair."

Last edited:
Recently, I've been sitting in for a blues-rock jam once or twice a week. On drums...
Historically, I've been able to play drums in the studio sufficient to get an idea across, then perfect through MIDI magic and I've done some things I'm proud of with programming. But live drums? Very humbling. And lots of fun! I'm studying and practicing a few days per week now. It's encouraging that the guys I jam with are noticing certain improvements.

Back