If Acura has best Car Audio, which model is the best of the best? RDX? MDX? TLX?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what an Acura is ; they don't exist here and from the demographic raving about them I assume they are a US only thing .
Acura is the luxury division of Honda. I believe they are mainly sold in North America with Europe/UK getting them under the Honda name.

Makes sense - they don’t exist here .

It's very hard getting the good stuff up North through Hadrian's Wall.

Oddly, it's easy getting a Linn Sondek LP12 out of your place...

Acura's ELS systems trounce that German stuff, sorry. And, yes, pretty much it's a North America thing, except I believe Honda sold quite a few MDXs in Russia.

With the Acura's I thought at one point they couldn't play watermarked copies? Has that changed? With FLAC can the Acura's play all formats of flac, 5.1, 96khz, 88.2 etc?

With the Acura's I thought at one point they couldn't play watermarked copies? Has that changed? With FLAC can the Acura's play all formats of flac, 5.1, 96khz, 88.2 etc?

Look it up in the other threads about formats.

The latest Acura ELS system will play all types of flacs, 5.1 and stereo. 4.0 flacs must have empty C and LFE (essentially be 6 channel files), and 7.1 and above do not play properly.

The 2019-2021 Acura ELS system requires 24-48 Zero Compression flac files in order to play properly in 5.1. All other types of 5.1 flacs will not play properly, or at all.

The latest Acura ELS system will play all types of flacs, 5.1 and stereo. 4.0 flacs must have empty C and LFE (essentially be 6 channel files), and 7.1 and above do not play properly.

The 2019-2021 Acura ELS system requires 24-48 Zero Compression flac files in order to play properly in 5.1. All other types of 5.1 flacs will not play properly, or at all.
Thank you. FLAC surround playback seems like the perfect setup. I'll have to look at the latest Acura's, maybe take a test drive and bring some music.

S
Thank you. FLAC surround playback seems like the perfect setup. I'll have to look at the latest Acura's, maybe take a test drive and bring some music.

Do they even have any cars at the dealership?

American Honda, like all automakers, is having supply chain issues.... Remember... Just In Time is short change for nothing in stock.

S

Do they even have any cars at the dealership?

American Honda, like all automakers, is having supply chain issues.... Remember... Just In Time is short change for nothing in stock.

Of course! Only empty dealers are Toyota from the looks of it

Of course! Only empty dealers are Toyota from the looks of it

We took our Passport for maintenance this week and the Clarity last month.

The lot was empty, they had a few FCEVs, a very few Civics and Accords and Pilots... that was it.

We took our Passport for maintenance this week and the Clarity last month.

The lot was empty, they had a few FCEVs, a very few Civics and Accords and Pilots... that was it.

The huge lot by me has no Toyotas. Every other manufacturer dealer has a full lot. This is what I see in northern California

I am now in the market for a surround vehicle. Based on the comment above, am I limited to 2022+ vehicles in order to play trouble-free flac file media? What about older vehicles, like a 2014 RDX? Are these models all disc playback only? Can any old models (pre-2019) play Flac files off a thumb drive or other SSD?

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
I am now in the market for a surround vehicle. Based on the comment above, am I limited to 2022+ vehicles in order to play trouble-free flac file media? What about older vehicles, like a 2014 RDX? Are these models all disc playback only? Can any old models (pre-2019) play Flac files off a thumb drive or other SSD?
I have a 2015 TLX with the high end system. Unfortunately, it only accepts lossy m4a files. Still, that's better than lugging around a couple hundred DTS CDs.

I have a 2022 RDX and I have never experienced Any issues with drives not being seen. Certain files won't play but those are 192/24 files. Also there is no gapless playback while playing files. There is a short (1second) gap between each track.

Remind me of the nature of this issue, and whether it is resolved in the 2022 model?
I have an intermittent issue when I first start the car. When I select the USB drive I get the following error;
1698621223381.png

The only way to clear it is to stop the engine, open the door, close the door, and start the car. This reboots the system. I believe this resets the USB port. This error happens with various USB drives (250 GB Thumb Drive and currently a 1 TB Samsung hard drive). I know its a known issue as others in the Acura forum experience the same:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx...t-reading-my-thumb-drive-intermittent-979065/

Back