Intervention Records Releasing Peter Frampton SACD Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my SACD’s today. Unfortunately, they weren’t packed very well and the case for Frampton’s Camel is cracked along with a broken spindle.

IMG_2451.jpeg

Received my SACD’s today. Unfortunately, they weren’t packed very well and the case for Frampton’s Camel is cracked along with a broken spindle.

View attachment 90911
Mine shipped out from Washington state yesterday. Mine better show up undamaged... I'm not so tolerant for damaged cases. There's really no reason, with all the superior packaging options available. Cutting corners is inexcusable, IMO.

Last edited:
Did yours come with any slipcase, Perp, or simply three SACD's in their jewel boxes?

Been considering these SACD's...
I actually had buyer's remorse, about 2 days after I ordered. I went ahead and emailed them asking to cancel. I forgot about it...and yesterday I got a shipping notice. lol! I guess they don't read emails. :)

Did yours come with any slipcase, Perp, or simply three SACD's in their jewel boxes?

Been considering these SACD's...
IMG_2452.jpeg

Nope! I was hoping they would come inside some sort of slipcase too. The discs were shipped in this flat box with that piece of bubble wrap thrown on top. You’d think they’d wrap the discs inside for better protection.

Since I'm a Senior Citizen 'living on a fixed income' [LOL] I'll wait for ImportCD to reduce the price to $25.79 and wait for their 10% off sale [which will cover tax/s/h fees] ..........

Last edited:
I support IR and have almost all of their SACDs (I skipped Judee Sill because I have the Rhino Handmades, and really don’t see/hear the big deal about her. But I digress…)
Big Frampton fan but as I attempt to scale back my buying, I need to know if these are kbetter the Doug Sax remastered CDs from 2000 before I invest.

Last edited:
I support IR and have almost all of their SACDs (I skipped Judee Sill because I have the Rhino Handmades, and really don’t see/hear the big deal about her. But I digress…)
Big Frampton fan but as I attempt to scale back my buying, I need to know if these better the Doug Sax remastered CDs from 2000 before I invest.
Somebody post the DR values from those CD's you mention. Then all us smarty pants who rip our SACD's can check on the new versions. :) Of course, DR isn't everything...but it certainly is a step in the right direction normally.

Somebody post the DR values from those CD's you mention. Then all us smarty pants who rip our SACD's can check on the new versions. :) Of course, DR isn't everything...but it certainly is a step in the right direction normally.
From past experience, ALL IR SACDs, at least to my ears, sound pretty spectacular so if they were able to access the absolute stereo master tapes, I'm sure all the Frampton SACD remasters will sound excellent!

Back