Intervention Records Releasing Peter Frampton SACD Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to put a face behind the names:

081115-Kev_Shane-600.jpg

Kevin Gray and Shane Buettner ... the team behind Intervention Records

Peter Frampton will be performing LIVE at our local Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY on July 25th @ 8 PM!
I had tickets to see him on his farewell tour, but Covid caused them to be cancelled :cry:, and although he did play the Albert Hall in November, its at least one overnight stay due to the distance (so a 2 day trip), and I couldn't go :(

I support IR and have almost all of their SACDs (I skipped Judee Sill because I have the Rhino Handmades, and really don’t see/hear the big deal about her. But I digress…)
Big Frampton fan but as I attempt to scale back my buying, I need to know if these are kbetter the Doug Sax remastered CDs from 2000 before I invest.

Rang
I think this is one group of SACDs not to be missed. IMHO

Good albums, especially "Frampton" and I am glad to hear they found the best sources to master these from. The prices on the SACDs are about what other titles cost (but no discount for buying all three?), but the vinyl box set price is crazy. $53 per LP? And no book or extras to justify that price?

Good albums, especially "Frampton" and I am glad to hear they found the best sources to master these from. The prices on the SACDs are about what other titles cost (but no discount for buying all three?), but the vinyl box set price is crazy. $53 per LP? And no book or extras to justify that price?
Intervention Records do run Discounted Sales every now and then on particular items. Although, you may have to wait for a while on the Frampton releases, they may run Holiday Sales for a certain percentage off.

I actually had buyer's remorse, about 2 days after I ordered. I went ahead and emailed them asking to cancel. I forgot about it...and yesterday I got a shipping notice. lol! I guess they don't read emails. :)
It’s going to be interesting on how long it takes for them to reply to my email I sent yesterday morning. If it takes longer than 48hrs, that’s just bad customer service. Luckily, I’ve never had a problem with my past orders from IR.

It’s going to be interesting on how long it takes for them to reply to my email I sent yesterday morning. If it takes longer than 48hrs, that’s just bad customer service. Luckily, I’ve never had a problem with my past orders from IR.
I always keep a supply of replacement SACD, DVD~A and RBCD cases ..... just in 'case!'

Still a nice touch that both AP and IR still maintain the tradition of enclosing their SACDs in Super Audio cases!

Stereo only. Which, the original poster was correct by putting this thread in the Stereo SACD forum. yeah, bummer....of course. 5.1 would be amazing...
Thanks. I was confused and searched the IR site for more info. If you said, 5.1 I would have made a mad dash to the importcds site.

@soundboy would you be able to edit your thread title? I was confused by it. I ordered the 3 SACD's in March and saw your boxset title and I thought, oop's did I order wrong?
I see they list the 3 LP's as a box set, but the SACD's are sold as a 3 unit but not in a purposely built box set. The LP set has a poster, wonder if it comes in a printed box that they SACD's don't come in?
Maybe best as you did it as I continue to write, technically not a box set, but a person has to be all three.
Don't listen to me, its fine the way it is. I'm confused more about Intervention's advertising.

EDIT: Just got this email from them, confused. Why do they advertise like there are two options of SACD?

Click HERE to Order YOUR Frampton@50 CD/SACDs NOW! These are in stock and ship NOW to arrive on 4/28.
The Frampton@50 Series releases are also available NOW on hybrid CD/SACDs ($30 ea.) which play on all CD and SACD players.

Back