Involve Encoded material

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prittstift69

Hello everyone,
my name is Stephan and I'm from Dortmund in Germany.
In the manual of the Sourround Master we could read "... this mode will decode Involve Encoded material perfectly".
I only know the album "LIVE Quadrophonic" by Suzanne Ciani, which should have been encoded with the Involve Matrix probably.
What other albums have been encoded using the Involve Matrix? Is there a description of the Involve Matrix? Is it a Fix Matrix to encode like the SQ or QS Matrix?
Thanks in advance
Stephan

Hello there. The Suzanne Ciani is the only commercially available music that I am aware of that is Involve encoded. Involve sells the encoder.

@chucky3042 and @Overture have written reams on this Forum regarding the Surround Master...do a little searching and you'll likely stumble onto the information you are looking for.

Last edited:
Yes Suzanne Ciani's album (Lovely lady) was recorded in Intelligent involve mode with the great help of Kamran V. Intelligent involve is in fact a variable parameter version of the good Ol Sansui QS encode but it is triband and the actual matrix ratios can vary from 0.1 to 0.414 (actually its a bit trickier.....shhhhh) depending on the amount of surround content present in that band. It also utilities significant psychoacoustic weighting in its parameters.

Intelligent Involve encode is FREE of license fees, just buy our encoder and include a logo or note of Involve Encode format on your recording.

The downside of Sansui's encode matrix was that it compressed the left / right separation in the stereo downmix. Conversely Sony's SQ sounded great in the stereo downmix but the decode was dodgy. We claim Intelligent Involve is the best of both worlds in that the encode really sounds exactly like stereo and the resultant surround decode is full separation.

It was based on a discovery of the 12 dB magic number and so it had to be covered by 2 patents, the 9418669 is the intelligent involve, the other one is the dumb

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• US Pat 8693697_Matrix Encoder with Improved Channel Separation.pdf
    371.6 KB · Views: 0
  • US Pat 9418669_Matrix Encoder with Improved Channel Separation.pdf
    778.4 KB · Views: 0
Back