INVOLVE SQ - IS COMING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Neil

Loving the cricket.......how about you. Perhaps you might enjoy the Boxing day test match in surround sound and let the defeat circle you.

(Sorry to all those who are uncontaminated by cricket and the eternal feud between the Poms and the Aussies, but it is good watching them grovel.)

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck

Chucky

Enjoying the Cricket (again) Chucky? ;)

(...sorry, all, I just couldn't resist!)

Hi Neil

Loving the cricket.......how about you. Perhaps you might enjoy the Boxing day test match in surround sound and let the defeat circle you.

(Sorry to all those who are uncontaminated by cricket and the eternal feud between the Poms and the Aussies, but it is good watching them grovel.)

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck

Chucky

Ouch! :mad:

Hi Neil

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck

Chucky

I was rather hoping that this post got lost in the forum move. No such luck, eh? ;)

There's a one day game next Sunday...for the English Captain , he has to actually try and evenly rotate the bowlers this time..

what annoyed me most was his complete reluctance to use the leg spin bowler until the game was virtually gone....and as soon as he put him on he took some important wickets...sadly for England that was about three hours too late...

I bet the English suck at surround sound to!

Actually we're quite good at surround sound. Pink Floyd DSOTM is one of the reference quality offerings (Alan Parsons mix), and there are a number of other good examples. I'm quite partial to Queen A Night at the Opera on the 2002 DVD-A myself.

Got me there!

Actually we're quite good at surround sound. Pink Floyd DSOTM is one of the reference quality offerings (Alan Parsons mix), and there are a number of other good examples. I'm quite partial to Queen A Night at the Opera on the 2002 DVD-A myself.

So, just to clarify: are all Involve units now equipped with QS *and* SQ capability?

Any idea from the company president when the full QS/SQ/Involve version will be available? I just saw this product by accident - saw a link to their review on audaud web site when I was actually reading their review of a phono preamp!! and saw the vectorscope screenshot comparing to QSD-1 then had to google Involve Audio, then read JonUrban's write-up and now I'm here! :D

I have a restored (twice) Sansui QRX-9001, the 1st time by that same "someone" I think Jon referred to in his post ;) which didn't last long. The 2nd restoration did the trick and Sansui is still trouble-free. Plus I have a Audionics Space & Image Composer with Tate II chips and it's working fine. BUT when the day comes that the Sansui needs work (and that day will come eventually, controls don't stay de-oxited forever) I will not pay another $1000-1200 to restore it again. And on the rare occasions a QSD-1 does appear on Ebay, there's a bidding war & crazy money.

So the Surround Master looks like the ideal product for us old (and new) quaddies with extensive quad LP collections. My own experience is that Dolby PLIIx Music pales in comparison to QS & Tate SQ in generating near-discrete surround from 2 ch's. So that parallels the reviews I've found of the Surround Master since it "seems" to be close or better than QS matrix.

I read the thread comparing QSD-1 results to SM results. If the Involve matrix is that close to QS in results and can accurately decode QS, what will the QS edition add over the Involve/SQ version? Or is there differences between straight QS decoding and Involve matrix?? Maybe I missed something in skimming that thread.

I hope "chucky" sees my post soon and can help because I'm eager to buy one but if the QS/SQ version is just around the corner, I'd like to wait and get the full version.

It's a shame Audioholics gave it a great review but also gave it a "mildly interesting". But that's not too surprising since they are focused on home theater & 2ch audio. The reviewer did mention appeal to quadraphonic fans.

I wish Involve Audio success beyond us quadraphiles and hope the company does well enough to stay around awhile. This looks like an ideal product for those with 40 yr old quad gear that's limping along. as some of you may know, I'm the original owner of my Sansui 9001 from 1979.

I've been absent from this forum for quite awhile, although I have been checking on 5.1 music but nothing on hardware or surround in general. Glad this product got me back here again :)

I do have another question - maybe I missed this but...

is the Involve decoding all done in analog using specialized discrete chips, like Sansui/Tate, or is it done in digital domain with DSP? if all digital, does anyone know what ADC and DAC chips and sampling rates/bits are used in both conversions?

Back