Is DVD4Music.com A Reputable Site???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nephilim

Hi, I was wondering has anyone delt with this shop and are they legit. I find it hard to believe they have some of the Titles they offer ???

If you had placed an order with them recently and recieved the disks?? I am mainly asking as they have a few DVD-A/SACD titles I would like to get a hold of.. :banana:

I've bought from them in the past, and they did have rare titles, but I have heard horror stories about people not getting the discs lately. I would be on the skeptical side when dealing with them at this point. They may be in the "We'll TRY and get it" mode.

I sent an order to them
they said that they had every thing But when it came to getting it they took the money out and you waited untill they get them
SACDs that were Multi channel were stereo
I rang and got my money sent back
I would not deal with them again
Ron

Two words for you: Stay away!

They still owe me 60 quid almost two years after I ordered and ended up with nothing. First email returned with apologies, the other not even that.

I should have smell this when I saw they're listing hi-rez stuff that has never been released...

Hi, I was wondering has anyone delt with this shop and are they legit. I find it hard to believe they have some of the Titles they offer ???

If you had placed an order with them recently and recieved the disks?? I am mainly asking as they have a few DVD-A/SACD titles I would like to get a hold of.. :banana:

Be even more carefull as few weeks ago I filled-up the check-out form, JUST TO CHECK IT OUT !!!!
AND if you just filled the form with ANY letter(s) (1 letter is just enough !!!) and ANY numbers for the credit card, the order IS DONE !!!!
So already this is A NOT SAVE AT ALL site !!!!
BEWARE

I ordered the Isley Brothers' SACD "3+3" from these people on the 10th of May last year -- that's 2008 -- and it is STILL on back-order!

The last time the status of the order was reviewed was on the 14th May '08!! To this day I have never received a single email of explanation or update from them as to what is going on, only mailshots of their "latest arrivals" etc.. Yeah right, like I doubt they have ANY arrivals, new or otherwise!?! Meantime they've sat on my money and I've given up hope!

The price on that SACD wasn't even good (£18.45 all told with p&p = nearly $30 US dollars..!!!) I just wanted to test them out - and as they are in the UK, it seemed a slightly more attractive proposition, despite the price of the disc itself, to avoid importation etc...

The long and the short of it is I gave up on DVD4Music a long time ago. I eventually bought the Isley's SACD from Amazon UK for about £8.. (approx. US$12..) new and sealed and with free delivery!!

In a word = AVOID!

It's a bait and tackle - they did not have the discs I wanted in-stock. Yet, they would not commit as to when they could get the discs to me either. I canceled after waiting four weeks and am having Amex deal with the refund (which is taking forever). Avoid if possible.

Avoid this seller! I ordered and paid for a hard-to-find DVD more than 3 months ago and it is still 'On Order'. 3 weeks after making the order, I e-mailed the seller and heard nothing. I have sent another e-mail today in the hopes that I will get some re-assurance or a refund.

If you need further contact details, the man is:

Simon Draper

UK phone nos:

(0044) 1 6645 65849
(0044) 1 6645 61840

E-mails:

[email protected]
[email protected]

I'm on the other side of the world, but will be PHONING Mr Draper if I don't hear from him! Down here we have a Consumer Affairs TV programme called Fair Go - if Mr Draper was here he'd have been on the show before now!

Originally I ordered a few things from Simon,
got them no problem and even spoke to him on the phone.
He was a nice guy to talk to. I actually sent him a hard drive full of stuff and for my efforts,
he sent me (at no cost mind you...) The Doors - Perception box,
T-Rex Electric Warrior SACD and the Trondheim Solistene (SP) Blu-Ray.

This was last year.
I'm not sure what happened but I've tried to call him several times with no answer,
and now I hear all these nightmares going down.
So apparently he had a good side to him at one point.
It's a shame.

I had better luck with HMV Japan in the later times but even then you have to get
lucky and hit the orders within a day or two of their posting of their availability.
I'm not even sure of them now.
Most sit on back order and then.... poof!

-Bob

I am going to add a "stay away". I fell for the lies and the promises because I really wanted the titles ... but nothing ever came of it, and I didn't get all my money back either. Bad news.

I think that guy Simon is a douche-bag. I had to request AMEX to get the refund since there was no response from him when asked about the refund.

I e-mailed Simon Draper and this time got a prompt reply. He told me that new stock and item was shipped and arrived promptly. However, long delays without communication and taking payment when goods are not in stock is bad business practice.

Nearly got caught in this one. To be fair Simon did mostly reply promptly to the emails and did fully refund my credit card when refund was demanded when it was clear none of the titles were in stock and no assurance about shipping dates for the ordered titles could be given.

Well I'm off to a great start with my DVD-A collecting (Not) :mad:

Before I found this site, and thread I ordered some DVD-A's from this "Simon"

Now in process of recovering the money......

If only I'd discovered this thread before. I feel so stupid :worthy

The best way to handle this - use visa/mc chargeback system; if they will happen more than e-shops average have, then DVD4Music will be disconnected from payment network. Google and consult your bank.

Back