Is Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine just going to be passed by in surround? And why?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Let It Be with director Peter Jackson being brought in to work up something from 50+ hours of unreleased footage. Plus, I think there are also plans for a restoration of the original film too.

I've heard that both a restoration of the original and a new version will be offered. I saw one guy suggest that for Record Store Day they do a limited pressing of the Glyn Johns "Get Back" album. That would be the most epic RSD item ever!

I've heard that both a restoration of the original and a new version will be offered. I saw one guy suggest that for Record Store Day they do a limited pressing of the Glyn Johns "Get Back" album. That would be the most epic RSD item ever!

I have that "Kum Back" album from 1970. Bought it at a record store in a local mall (Enfield, CT). Was very cool to have a Beatles album months before a real album came out. Still my favorite version of "The Long and Winding Road".

I have that "Kum Back" album from 1970. Bought it at a record store in a local mall (Enfield, CT). Was very cool to have a Beatles album months before a real album came out. Still my favorite version of "The Long and Winding Road".
I have a copy of Kum Back too. Got mine in New Hope, Pa. We used to park in Jersey and walk over the bridge into New Hope. The record store was a few shop's in on the left (IIRC). :smokin
It says on the paper cover "Compatable for Stereo". lol

Wildly out of tune bass IV and all!

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Get-Back-With-Let-It-Be-And-11-Other-Songs/master/415267

R-4033153-1355169956-6735.jpeg.jpg

What about everything else though? I really don't get it. Help sounds so good in surround and clearly was already mixed for the most part, the couple of listenable songs that weren't slowed down on A Hard Day's Night also sound marvelous on the BR, why aren't these things being released properly? And what about Rubber Soul and Revolver? It boggles the mind. I Want to Hold Your Hand on Love sounds like it was recorded yesterday, so they can do something with each recording and every album, what's holding them from releasing all of them properly? They're making money so that's not the issue...

What about everything else though? I really don't get it. Help sounds so good in surround and clearly was already mixed for the most part, the couple of listenable songs that weren't slowed down on A Hard Day's Night also sound marvelous on the BR, why aren't these things being released properly? And what about Rubber Soul and Revolver? It boggles the mind. I Want to Hold Your Hand on Love sounds like it was recorded yesterday, so they can do something with each recording and every album, what's holding them from releasing all of them properly? They're making money so that's not the issue...

One would think that as a minimum we'd get a stereo remix of those two albums...

This is what mine looks like. The track listing is:
Side One 1-Get Back, 2-Can He Walk, 3-Let It Be, 4-Teddy Boy, 5-Two Of Us.
Side Two 1-Don't Let Me Down, 2-I've Got A Feeling, 3-Long And Winding Road, 4-For You Blue, 5-I Dig A Pony, 6-Get Back (Medley).

From the Let it Be / Get Back sessions there is a 83 cd bootleg set called the Get Back Sessions that has all the Nagra reels that I think was a Purple Chick release. A day or two when 2 mono reels were running and a stereo version could be made with the rest are mono as only a single tape deck was running. I have a 2 blank CD spindles with over 150 cd's and DVD's with all different versions of the film, album and rehearsals and would think enough material exists for a great new release.
My Kum Back is toast but Get Back and the Black Album have held up well over the years.

From the Let it Be / Get Back sessions there is a 83 cd bootleg set called the Get Back Sessions that has all the Nagra reels that I think was a Purple Chick release. A day or two when 2 mono reels were running and a stereo version could be made with the rest are mono as only a single tape deck was running. I have a 2 blank CD spindles with over 150 cd's and DVD's with all different versions of the film, album and rehearsals and would think enough material exists for a great new release.
My Kum Back is toast but Get Back and the Black Album have held up well over the years.
The original set of Nagra reels was done by Yellow Dog.

I just through watching and ripping Yellow Submarine. The whole movie sounds great in surround. Here is my review, which also goes through the ripping issues. Editing dialog at the beginning and end is no big deal - had to do that with A Hard Day's Night too. Also needed to do some fadeouts at the end of some tracks. The biggest problem is the 15 seconds of dialog on the middle of "All You Need is Love". There's also an explosion in the middle of "Hey Bulldog" which is quite annoying.

I just through watching and ripping Yellow Submarine. The whole movie sounds great in surround. Here is my review, which also goes through the ripping issues. Editing dialog at the beginning and end is no big deal - had to do that with A Hard Day's Night too. Also needed to do some fadeouts at the end of some tracks. The biggest problem is the 15 seconds of dialog on the middle of "All You Need is Love". There's also an explosion in the middle of "Hey Bulldog" which is quite annoying.

For All You Need Is Love, you could substitute those 15 seconds from the Love version or the 1+ version. I might sound a tad jarring, but less so then dialogue I think. Just a suggestion of course. :)

For All You Need Is Love, you could substitute those 15 seconds from the Love version or the 1+ version. I might sound a tad jarring, but less so then dialogue I think. Just a suggestion of course. :)
I have 1+ in hand and Love on order. If they are anywhere close to the same mix (I haven't compared), I might as well sub the whole thing. If they aren't, I'm thinking that would be worse.

I still have MMT to tackle first.

Did you speed up the songs on A Hard Day's Night?

Back