Is there a PC MLP player that works on Vista?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
When I was running XP, my creative X-Fi media player would play MLP files right off my hard drive. However, creative support of Vista is horrible, as they barely got their drivers working, and most of their "suite" of applications does not work with Vista, which means no creative player.

Is there another media player that does MLP files?

I don't have Vista Jon, but Cyberlink's PowerDVD doesn't play MLP for Vista?

Good luck!
Josh

EDIT - I may be misunderstanding your question. . .perhaps you mean actual computer files with MLP encoding, not straight from a DVD-A disc. Wow, didn't even know that was possible! Got so much to learn! Looks like I need to browse this part of the forum! ;)

I don't have Vista Jon, but Cyberlink's PowerDVD doesn't play MLP for Vista?

Good luck!
Josh

EDIT - I may be misunderstanding your question. . .perhaps you mean actual computer files with MLP encoding, not straight from a DVD-A disc. Wow, didn't even know that was possible! Got so much to learn! Looks like I need to browse this part of the forum! ;)

PowerDVD will play DVD-Audio discs no problem. What I miss is having a .mlp file on my hard drive (from a conversion that I did) and not being able to just right click and PLAY the thing!

Back