Isley Brothers' "Live it Up" CD quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
The Sony remastered CD of The Isleys' "Live it Up" sounds very cool when played back in PLII.

Could it be this remastering was also taken from quad/sq-encoded masters?

If any QQ-ers have the 2001 remastered CD, it would be great if you could try it out and see if you get good results.

Not least to confirm I'm not going bonkers..!! :banana:

Thank you!

it's a very happy accident Dickie! if you ever have the time (and the disc) I'd love to hear what you make of it!

in my setup, it is just superb and more pleasingly discrete than quite a lot of modern 5.1 mixes!

I certainly wouldn't have said i'd tried it without doing so. Afraid i don't have the time to release albums that aren't encoded,pretty pointless.

As to what your hearing, please read my comments elsewhere.

I certainly wouldn't have said i'd tried it without doing so. Afraid i don't have the time to release albums that aren't encoded,pretty pointless.

As to what your hearing, please read my comments elsewhere.

No! I didnt mean you hadn't tried it through SQ, I meant have you tried it through ProLogic II Music!?

I've read your comments thanks, I understand how PLII works.. and I now know thanks to you, that none of these are SQ encoded, I appreciate you investigating however. its all good :)

I'm one of those oddballs that prefers to listen to stereo as it was meant to be heard. I never listen to any 'faked' surround i'm afraid, i find it too artificial, with no real body and sense of involvement that is possible with a well mixed quad/surround mix

I'm one of those oddballs that prefers to listen to stereo as it was meant to be heard. I never listen to any 'faked' surround i'm afraid, i find it too artificial, with no real body and sense of involvement that is possible with a well mixed quad/surround mix

oh it's not odd of you at all! I think you are in the majority and that most people prefer to hear a stereo mix the way it was intended to be heard.

certainly most of the guys on sa-cd.net aren't fussed about multichannel at all and are quite happy with a great stereo presentation, or a surround one that's ambient/recreates the recording environment, especially with classical stuff.

I'm one of the oddballs that like to play around with stereo and see what happens, if anything!

its fun seeing how it all "pans" (pun intended!) out! :D

Back