Jean Michel Jarre - Téo&Téa (surround DVD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ge Someone

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Jean Michel Jarre's (once the French answer to Kraftwerk) latest release, Téo&Téa, comes also in a deLuxe edition as CD/DVD-V (which is limited).
Just like the Aero DVD, this DVD-V contains mainly audio, the 5.1 full bitrate DTS track being the highlight (there's also a DD and a stereo 16/48 track, plus a video clip).

The surround mix is not as extreme as Aero, and it fits this style well. There are panning effects however but not like every instrument is panning all of the time. The center is often used for rhythm parts.
The music .. well the music, to me it is generic electronica mixed with popular beats. Not unpleasant but nothing new either.

oh yes, there is a picture with the sound, mostly like a still with a blinking letter A, the last (remix) track has an animation. And of course there's the video of the title track, in normal (PAL) quality and in 2 flavors of HD codec that play on a computer.

The general reactions I read, the video clip is cool, but the music leaves to be desired. On this forum that might swing the other way though.

BTW. I think of such disks more like a DTS disk than a DVD-V.

Thanks for the quick review. I've seen this one show up on ebay recently and as I'm still trying to decide if I like Aero (aggressive mix "Yay!", unnecessarily loud sound effects "Boo!", and the nature of the music "Eh"), I have been hesitant about Teo and Tea. I'll think wait for some more reviews given how much I've been dropping on the Moodies, Depeche Mode, and Genesis.

To add, someone on ebay is selling multiple copies of this for 19.99 plus shipping.

This surround mix is a snore. I've had the standard CD for a long time, and some of the music grew on me enough to invest in this import. I actually prefer my synthesized surround for this title. I thought it would be aggressive like AERO, which is fun, and the style of TEO TEA should have been a great fit for an aggressive remix. I don't think it's a fake mix, but it wouldn't surprise me either. Save your money.

Hi All,

Quite agree on this one. Surround is not aggressive as was Aero (which is a demo disc for me). I also like Oxygene, the New Master Recording version, which is nice although not as adventuresome as Aero.

But you can skip Teo and Tea unless you just love the music in any format.

Ken

Back