Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point I'll buy whatever they put out, in the reissue series, if they stick to the same format (book, surround mix, bonus discs) at the same low price points. And I'm sure I'll like it all, whatever versions they settle on using for each.

I really liked the Too Old... TV Special set, even though it was mostly a studio re-recording of the original album. I loved the A - A La Mode set, after being fairly cool on the album since it came out. I was even colder on Broadsword at the time it came out, but now I can't wait to get the new set, thanks to JohnN's disclosures (even some non-cryptic ones!) of the quad live and surround/stereo studio bonus material that will be included. An Under Wraps release might even get me to re-evaluate my low opinion of that album, re-recorded drums or not. Bring it all on!

Good morning, gentlemen
Why the uneasy frowns?
Too much everything...

Talk about ear-worms. :LOL:

At this point I'll buy whatever they put out, in the reissue series, if they stick to the same format (book, surround mix, bonus discs) at the same low price points. And I'm sure I'll like it all, whatever versions they settle on using for each.

I really liked the Too Old... TV Special set, even though it was mostly a studio re-recording of the original album. I loved the A - A La Mode set, after being fairly cool on the album since it came out. I was even colder on Broadsword at the time it came out, but now I can't wait to get the new set, thanks to JohnN's disclosures (even some non-cryptic ones!) of the quad live and surround/stereo studio bonus material that will be included. An Under Wraps release might even get me to re-evaluate my low opinion of that album, re-recorded drums or not. Bring it all on!
😎(even some non-cryptic ones!) I have no knowledge of Under Wraps as a book-set.

So there 😇

"And for a lot of Jethro Tull fans, A Passion Play is the one that you like in a rather dogged, stubborn way, because you think everybody else hates it. So, it makes you more of a 'knowledgeable fan' if you actually tell yourself you really like it. But it's OK – it's not the worst album I've ever made, but it's certainly not one of the best."

:LOL:

You keep telling yourself that , Ian, if it makes you feel better. I've really liked it since the early 1970s, and it's certainly one of Tull's best.

A Passion Play is great, a favourite, especially the book-set. Could not be more pleased with the theme. Death on two legs with lost spectacles.
108.jpg

At this point I'll buy whatever they put out, in the reissue series, if they stick to the same format (book, surround mix, bonus discs) at the same low price points.
What Ian should really do is re - release Songs from the Wood - Country Set - Book set for everyone who missed the 5.1 surround mix the first time. The prices quoted on EBay for Songs from the Wood are ridiculous IMO.

What Ian should really do is re - release Songs from the Wood - Country Set - Book set for everyone who missed the 5.1 surround mix the first time. The prices quoted on EBay for Songs from the Wood are ridiculous IMO.
🙃Everyone must demand Warner to repeat sets. Write, write, write. MAKE THE NEWS! :SB
Staying out of trouble. :devilish:

New interview with Ian about the upcoming album, along with discussions of: the current band, A Passion Play, Martin Barre, the ethics of fish farming, using technology in music, and -- most apropos to recent discussion in this thread -- Under Wraps and the possibility of the drums being re-recorded (spoiler alert: Ian's all for it, but doesn't think Warner will go for it).

https://www.allmusic.com/blog/post/...rson-new-album-overlooked-tull-salmon-farming
"Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, who appropriated umlauts in a way which smacks of something a bit to do with Nazis. And I'm not very happy about that. So, my spelling is correctly used and quite appropriate."

Yet, he used a Nazi symbol for the Ginnungagap single artwork :rolleyes: Obviously a mistake but Ian should not always get on his high horse.

"Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, who appropriated umlauts in a way which smacks of something a bit to do with Nazis. And I'm not very happy about that. So, my spelling is correctly used and quite appropriate."

Yet, he used a Nazi symbol for the Ginnungagap single artwork :rolleyes: Obviously a mistake but Ian should not always get on his high horse.
I'm not surprised. Holier-than-thou comes to mind.

He's always had a somewhat arrogant nature about him... disdaining the culture of the hippies and pot-smokers as he marketed to them, as one early example. One could also argue that his somewhat clownish stage persona belied the respect that he wanted the music press to regard him with as a serious artist. But rather than just being a character flaw, I think this chip on his shoulder fed his work ethic and increased his output of top-quality creativity and performance for a decade at least, and his music was the better for it. At least, I think that's what I think...

He's always had a somewhat arrogant nature about him... disdaining the culture of the hippies and pot-smokers as he marketed to them, as one early example. One could also argue that his somewhat clownish stage persona belied the respect that he wanted the music press to regard him with as a serious artist. But rather than just being a character flaw, I think this chip on his shoulder fed his work ethic and increased his output of top-quality creativity and performance for a decade at least, and his music was the better for it. At least, I think that's what I think...
I agree. Pull on one thread and the whole tapestry unravels. Also, the number of arrogant rock stars would easily fill a couple warehouses.

Warchild II vinyl, a compilation of the Warchild box set extras.
https://imusic.dk/music/0190296762352/jethro-tull-2022-warchild-2-lp
:cool: Good to see you here again. :D

https://www.discogs.com/release/22114210-Jethro-Tull-Warchild-II"The release was planned for january 2022 and then postponed for a september 15, 2022 release. Some stores already got copies in january 2022 and sold them to customers, this is were circulating copies are coming from. The september date was then postponed/withdrawn again and it's not clear if/when this will get a "proper" release."

:cool: Good to see you here again. :D

https://www.discogs.com/release/22114210-Jethro-Tull-Warchild-II"The release was planned for january 2022 and then postponed for a september 15, 2022 release. Some stores already got copies in january 2022 and sold them to customers, this is were circulating copies are coming from. The september date was then postponed/withdrawn again and it's not clear if/when this will get a "proper" release."
Oh I never left actually...I'm always here, (storm)watching every post. Hoping to buy tickets for Martin Barre soon.

Oh I never left actually...I'm always here, (storm)watching every post. Hoping to buy tickets for Martin Barre soon.
:LOL: Maybe a wish you left (for Scotland again). After all, I am expecting the Live Detective interrogation.

Less than a second to sink in silence
Yours truly, I remain disarmed 🤪

Back