• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Jethro Tull 5.1

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
http://www.amazon.com/Aqualung-40th-Anniversary-Jethro-Tull/dp/B005FVFWJ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313003337&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Aqualung-40th-Anniversary-Jethro-Tull/dp/B005FVFWOI/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313003360&sr=1-2

so FINALLY, something new on the 40th anniversary front....pre-orders on amazon.com. Now it looks like these are import prices so I expect the prices to come down (hopefully), but it looks like this reissue could be a bigger deluxe set than we originally anticipated.

Last edited:

spenceo

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003

Bill Sherbon

Since 2002/2003
Still not working for me. Instead I get an Amazon page that says:

404 Document Not Found

"Looking for something? We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site"

--- NEVER MIND. I was clicking on the links in the reply, not your original post with your fixed links. Sorry.

JohnN

400 Club - QQ All-Star
http://www.cdwow.us/search?q="Jethro+Tull"&sort=release
Aqualung 40th Anniversary (2CD+DVD+Blu-Ray Deluxe Edition) - Limited
by Jethro Tull
$174.99 Free Shipping
Released 10/24/11
Music Genre Rock
Available for Pre-order
Description
12” vinyl in gatefold sleeve housing 2xCD+DVD+Blu ray / 12” x 12” Hardback 60 page book / housed in a slipcase.

Aqualung 40th Anniversary (Standard Edition) - Limited
by Jethro Tull
$16.99 Free Shipping
Released 10/24/11
Description
6 panel gatefold (2xCD+booklet)

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The economy has tanked and everybody is bringing out high priced box sets in time for christmas. I'm out and look for them to show up as BB $30 sales a year from now.

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
WTF!!!!

I'm getting sick of having to get the "ultra-immersion-super-deluxe-limited-edition boxset with 800 page hardback book, 10cds, Vinyl, DVD (non DVD-A), scarf, fake tickets, marbles & the kitchen sink" just to get the hi-rez 5.1 version on blu-ray :mad:

Arghhhhhhh!!!

I reallly hope this comes out on blu-ray single disc release (or a cd/blu-ray combo).

We might have to send some more feedback to EMI.

peterzach

Since 2002/2003
I am also out if that is only way to get a Hires.
That is just way to much money to spend on one title so I am also hoping this comes out as a Bluray only down the road.

peter

Old Quad Guy

Preservationist
Staff member
Economy is Bad right now. Folks can't afford a bunch of of $150 box sets. These box sets are very nice and all, problem is they don't keep them in print for when you want to buy or can afford them, just as they do with regular CDs. That's too bad, because sometimes one enjoys all the extras. But some folks are only casual fans of an artist, but really like a title's music. So a Hi-Rez CD/DVD or CD/BR option should be here, otherwise they're going to lose sales that could have been there.

DKA

Economy is Bad right now. Folks can't afford a bunch of of $150 box sets. These box sets are very nice and all, problem is they don't keep them in print for when you want to buy or can afford them, just as they do with regular CDs. That's too bad, because sometimes one enjoys all the extras. But some folks are only casual fans of an artist, but really like a title's music. So a Hi-Rez CD/DVD or CD/BR option should be here, otherwise they're going to lose sales that could have been there.
I don't think a casual fan would buy an album more than once. Pretty much any reissue is geared towards more than the casual fan, with high-priced box sets there for the true die-hard. I'm not sure whether the type of fandom inherit in spending $100 on a set dedicated to one album would be affected by the economy at all.

That being said, I am in favor of different price points with reissues, surround or not. Other bands have done it. There were ridiculous super-deluxe editions of the last U2 album out there, as well as more reasonably priced sets.

GabeL

$175 seems like a real bargain compared to the upcoming Uber edition of U2's Achtung Baby re-release (a mere $650 and no surround mix) OUCH