Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend has been spent re-ripping the DVDs to MKVs so I can have the surround/quad mixes on my music server.

I had done it earlier this year, but then the new drive I was temporarily storing them on managed to get corrupted. So I got to start over. Oh joy.

It has reminded me how fortunate we were/are to get this series... and at a price that feels like we’re not being taken advantage of. (*cough*Rush&Kiss&PinkFloyd*cough*)

This describes the new book-set:
s-l1600.jpg

Jethro Tull 'Broadsword and the Beast' Tour date in Padova 1982,with Police throwing Gas Bombs inside the Palasport and beating People outside...a Great Tull concert!

A relative of mine attended the Bologna show a few days earlier and there was a riot outside the building that luckily didn't spread inside the Palasport. The reasons for stuff like that happening are complex and date way back. From the mid-70s to 1979-ish Italy was pretty much banned from major touring after someone threw a moltov at Santana in Milan. By the mid 1980s things had settled down and concerts weren't risky anymore.

Saluti
A relative of mine attended the Bologna show a few days earlier and there was a riot outside the building that luckily didn't spread inside the Palasport. The reasons for stuff like that happening are complex and date way back. From the mid-70s to 1979-ish Italy was pretty much banned from major touring after someone threw a moltov at Santana in Milan. By the mid 1980s things had settled down and concerts weren't risky anymore.
Thanks for this.
Because you are so kind and for world peace here's a list you might like. ;)

5.1 master list of extra tracks
Roland's Entry
Lights Out
The Curse (Version 1)
Too Many Too
Calafel
I'm Your Gun
No Step
Down At The End Of Your Road
Mayhem, Maybe
Commons Brawl
Return To Calafel
Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow
The Swirling Pit
Inverness Sleeper
Crew Nights
Rhythm In Gold
Overhang
Jack-A-Lynn (Band Version)
Motoreyes
Drive On the Young Side Of Life
Jack-A-Lynn (Acoustic Version)

Oh, man! I can't wait to hear all of this! :love: Thanks for sharing!
The Curse (Version 2) stereo only is included in this section. There's even more stereo only takes of album+ tracks on another part. More keyboard beginnings and endings. Intros/outros remind me of Steve Miller Band.

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah :LOL:

Stereo:
Listed in order: Steven Wilson stereo remixes.
Fallen on Hard Times (1st Master)
Beastie (2nd Master)
Fallen on Hard Times (2nd Master)
Seal Driver (1st Master)
Cheerio (Multiple Vocal Version)
Beastie Band Shouts

1981 master mixes
Beastie
Too Many Too
Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow
I'm Your Gun
Down At the End Of Your Road
Early 1982 rough mixes.
Slow Marching Band
Pussy Willow
Fallen On Hard Times

...and in the end the Tull you share is equal to... hope all is right :unsure:

Yep, procedures were a bit chaotic at rock concerts in Italy during the 70s...also infamous is the 1971 aborted Led Zeppelin gig in MIlan. Tear gases thrown by the police included.

Back