Joni Mitchell?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So on Monday night's Late Show, Stephen Colbert teased that he'd contracted COVID (for the 3d time) a week earlier while traveling to Los Angeles to interview a HUGE star who never gives interviews. Any guesses?

So on Monday night's Late Show, Stephen Colbert teased that he'd contracted COVID (for the 3d time) a week earlier while traveling to Los Angeles to interview a HUGE star who never gives interviews. Any guesses?
When I heard him say it that night, the first person to pop into my head was Barbra Streisand. But Joni is a possibility, too

The SUPREME highlight of this year's Grammy Awards for me was the first time appearance EVER of Joni Mitchell. This gorgeous Lady of the Canyon of LEGENDS sang BOTH SIDES NOW from her second album for Reprise Records entitled CLOUDS. Looking absolutely regal with flowing pigtails, Joni, who turned a young 80 captured the hearts and minds of every attendee in the house with a poignantly wisened version of her 1969 classic .....as for me, I cried my way through her performance ....with tears of joy realizing that this icon had suffered through so much in the last ten years of her life recuperating from a brain aneurysm.

And as singer and dear friend Brandi Carlile who introduced Joni stated....Joni had to learn how to walk three times .....first as a child, then recuperating from polio and now from the debilitating aneurysm which silenced her for the past ten years.

HER BEAUTIFUL LYRICS SAY IT ALL:

I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's life's illusions, I recall

I really don't know life at all

ALBUMS: July 2023 In Review - Rock and Roll Globe

Last edited:
The SUPREME highlight of this year's Grammy Awards for me was the first time appearance EVER of Joni Mitchell. This gorgeous Lady of the Canyon of LEGENDS sang BOTH SIDES NOW from her second album for Reprise Records entitled CLOUDS. Looking absolutely regal with flowing pigtails, Joni, who turned a young 80 captured the hearts and minds of every attendee in the house with a poignantly wisened version of her 1969 classic .....as for me, I cried my way through her performance ....with tears of joy realizing that this icon had suffered through so much in the last ten years of her life recuperating from a brain aneurysm.

And as singer and dear friend Brandi Carlile who introduced Joni stated....Joni had to learn how to walk three times .....first as a child, then recuperating from polio and now from the debilitating aneurysm which silenced her for the past ten years.

She is an absolute icon. No one like her.

Her last album. "Both Sides Now", was released on DVD-A soon after the CD came out. It has to be heard!

Man, i was weeping, too! Texting my daughter through it; she, too was moved. Several years ago, i took a video production class at my local community college (trying to keep myself–my Self–out of trouble!). The course culminated with our producing 90 minutes of content, commensurate with a livestream. I was at a loss as to what to do. My daughter was visiting for Thanksgiving, so i asked if she would like to help out her old man and do something on Joni Mitchell (she had bought herself a dulcimer and a guitar during the pandemic and had been teaching herself Joni Mitchell songs). One of the components of the final was that we were also supposed to produce three commercials for the "livestream": one running exactly 15 seconds, one exactly 30 seconds, and one exactly a minute. Here's the 15-second teaser:

Last edited:
Back