Joni Mitchell?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee thanks, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :(
Sorry Sal, but people who were not around to listen to classic rock and folk during the 60’s and 70’s are not looking to purchase physical media containing previously unreleased music from Joni and her contemporaries.

The new Atmos mixes of both titles are leagues better than the old quads, I'd almost prefer that those get a hi-res physical or digital release.
I've only heard CD4 transfers. I know that @edisonbaggins has the CD4 disc of Court and Spark and I wonder how that one sounds. Otherwise, I would still be up for hearing what someone with the skills of a Michael Dutton might be able to do with either album.

Last edited:
I've only heard CD4 transfers. I know that @edisonbaggins has a the CD4 disc of Court and Spark and I wonder how that one sounds. Otherwise, I would still be up for hearing what someone with the skills of a Michael Dutton might be able to do with either album.
I remember it being a pretty dang good quad mix. Quad SACD would be an instant buy.

Just read though the entire topic. I jumping on my seat.
Did not now about MOFI bu their site is confusing. They list a lot of (discontinued) SACDs, while, aside Hejira, their is no clear info on wether the editions are (will be?) stereo or quad or 5.1 or whatever.
I will as you all, cross my fingers and anything I can cross :)

Last edited:
Just read though the entire topic. I jumping on my seat.
Did not now about MOFI bu their site is confusing. They list a lot of (discontinued) SACDs, while, aside Hejira, their is no clear info on wether the editions are (will be?) stereo or quand or 5.1 or whatever.
I will as you all, cross my fingers and anything I can cross :)
MOFI is stereo only.

The duality about these archival releases for me is that, they’re great for fans and others as far as content is concerned. However, presuming that the archive has been digitised some time ago, why can’t much more (perhaps all) be released to streaming platforms right now? I would have thought that the majority of her fans are like me middle aged and older; at the current rate of release, by the time all the projected sets are released, both the older fan and Joni Mitchell herself will be dead, which just seems quite sad.

I know that digital-only releases aren’t everyones cup of tea, but if I was a big fan, I would be more interested in actually hearing the archive on a streaming platform, rather that waiting years for another physical box set.

My Joni Mitchell-Joni Mitchell Archives, Vol.3: The Asylum Years 1972-1975 arrived today, will put on back burner and listen over the next few weeks.

B1j+WB95iKL._SX522_.jpg

The trouble I’ve got with her is since she won’t have her material on streaming services, only those who buy the expensive physical box sets can hear the new/old material. Seems unfair to elements of her fan base. Maybe the extras will be released separately. I am not a great fan any more, and can afford them if I wanted them, but I feel sorry for those who can’t.

The trouble I’ve got with her is since she won’t have her material on streaming services, only those who buy the expensive physical box sets can hear the new/old material. Seems unfair to elements of her fan base. Maybe the extras will be released separately. I am not a great fan any more, and can afford them if I wanted them, but I feel sorry for those who can’t.
I have high hopes that Rhino will do Court and Hissing as Blu-ray Quadios at some point.

Her Archives collections are on Apple Music. I think she’s just boycotting Spotify.

Her Archives collections are on Apple Music. I think she’s just boycotting Spotify.
What Scott said. (Beat me to the punch!) She followed Neil Young in leaving Spotify over its support of a particularly obnoxious podcaster. Her material--including all three volumes of Archives, and some amazing Atmos mixes of her mid-70s material--remains on Apple Music and (AFAIK) Tidal.

I saw a social media post today saying she's back on Spotify, but her albums certainly don't show up here in the U.S.

Back