• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

June 2019 DV Releases (MFSB, Guess Who, Herbie Hancock, and Donald Byrd)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

shakti

If you like that album in stereo, you’re going to absolutely love it in quad. One hell of a wild mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed! I have only heard it once, but it's a great quad mix for sure. But my reaction was a bit similar to Bitches Brew - both are albums I know extremely well in stereo, so a "new" mix is a little unsettling. I will have to spend more time with it.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
My 4 from this last batch finally arrives tomorrow (Monday)
I don't use expedited shipping, though I do pay another dollar for tracking. So, I was able to check the tracking number and see they were in Champaign, IL at 10PM last night..... 30 minutes from my house.

Which means, no Sunday delivery.....so tomorrow. :)

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
My 4 from this last batch finally arrives tomorrow (Monday)
I don't use expedited shipping, though I do pay another dollar for tracking. So, I was able to check the tracking number and see they were in Champaign, IL at 10PM last night..... 30 minutes from my house.

Which means, no Sunday delivery.....so tomorrow. :)
drum roll..! 🥁

trumpet blast! 🎺

ladies and gentlemen,
Gamble & Huff proudly presents...

Monday
(GOS)
Finally
(gets his)
Sexy
(new DV)
Batch

yeeeeaaaaaaayyyyy!!!! :SG

keywhiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Ordered on the 14th. Regular shipping and I got them in Nevada last Thursday. So that’s what? Less than two weeks?

Shipping a very tight package. All good except a couple of small cracks in two jewel cases. Not enough for me to care and if I did I have plenty of standard jewel cases.

Gonna spend the afternoon with Herbie and Donald!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Ordered on the 14th. Regular shipping and I got them in Nevada last Thursday. So that’s what? Less than two weeks?

Shipping a very tight package. All good except a couple of small cracks in two jewel cases. Not enough for me to care and if I did I have plenty of standard jewel cases.

Gonna spend the afternoon with Herbie and Donald!
You'll be in GREAT company keywhiz ...... LOVE Herbie and Donald on D~V's stupendous QUAD revival. Sensational!

Scott65

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Ordered!

Donald Byrd - Black Byrd [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

MFSB - Philadelphia Freedom & Summertime [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]

Herbie Hancock - Sextant [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Tomita - Firebird [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

The Guess Who - Rockin' & The Best of The Guess Who - Volume 2
Arrived today. Listening to Sextant and loving it!! :QQlove

Group builder