Klaus Schulze & Lisa Gerrard (Steven Wilson content too!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I saw this listed by Gary at Artist Shop and he mentioned that the 5.1 mix was done at Real World but the official listings make no mention of it...I suspect it is there though?

One of the bonus features is an interview with Klaus done by Steven Wilson last summer.

http://www.klaus-schulze.com/disco/1a83rh.htm

http://www.amazon.de/Rheingold-Klaus-Schulze/dp/B001JDQALK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1229307497&sr=8-2

and here's the blurb Gary from Artist Shop had in his newsletter:
SCHULZE/GERRARD - RHEINGOLD 2CD/2DVD $54.95
Limited edition four disc (two CDs + two NTSC/Region 0 DVDs) box set, a live release from famed German musician Klaus Schulze, who is joined here by former Dead Can Dance vocalist Lisa Gerrard, containing the two CD set and the double DVD set packaged together. On the 18th July 2008 Klaus Schulze played at the Night Of The Prog III festival, an extraordinary concert on the Open Air Stage Loreley in St. Goarshausen, Germany. Australian singer Lisa Gerrard refined the tracks 'Loreley' and 'Wellgunde' with her unique voice. This concert was filmed to become Klaus Schulze first DVD release. Last August Schulze and his sound engineer Tom Dams worked at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios to fixing the 5.1 Mix. This post production process is part of the documentary on the second DVD, which also includes an exclusive interview Klaus did with Steve Wilson from Porcupine Tree. The CDs are the audio soundtrack to the DVD and contains six tracks including the bonus track 'Nibelungen'. SPV Blue.

My copy of the cd/dvd set came today. I haven't watched the music part yet as I only had a hour or so to spare and wanted to watch it uninterrupted so I headed for the Schulze interview by Steven Wilson. Great stuff - really enjoyed listening to these two guys chat. When Klaus says that he deletes almost everything after the album is out Steven almost looks like he's going to have to pick his jaw up off the floor heheh. "what, so no going back to to do 5.1 mixes..."

When Klaus says that he deletes almost everything after the album is out ..
Strange, Klaus Schulze has released a few (limited) box sets with 10 and one with 25 CDs full of old and not so old material from his "archive". OK, someone else did the work of searching and compiling, but at least it was there.
Maybe because it was not all on an released album?:confused:

Back