Led Zeppelin News

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really get the hate for Bob and his desire to explore other musical ventures. I'm not a huge fan of any of his output after Fate of Nations, but I respect him for doing what he wants. Sure, some of his statements about Zeppelin are a bit hypocritical. His bands rearrange most of the Zeppelin stuff, which I think makes Robert happy to go back and cover some of that Zeppelin stuff. Hey, it's HIS show, he can do what he wants. I have actually met Robert, and he is a genuinely nice guy.

In the early days of the "lockdown," SiriusXM converted their Deep Tracks channel (27) to the Led Zep Channel. As I recall, this went on for the Month of May 2020, so I got to hear a whole lotta Zep in that time...and I can honestly say that I never grew tired of it.

They did something similar after Neil Peart passed away, by changing Deep Tracks to "The Rush Channel." I don't have anything against Rush, but, after about a week, I was looking for a rusty knife!

That's what sets LZ apart. They took our great blues music and injected it with an ingenious interpretation that's held up since I started to take an interest in the great pop music era...back in the late 60s. :smokin

It only got better after the first album. And, as far as "Immigrant Song" is concerned, I always have this story to tell about when I first heard it.

I was at the local "Tower" which was a place in town on the second floor above some businesses and where all the bands played when they came to town. The band was on a break and they played the local radio station over speakers during the break times. This was at the concession area. I was out in the main area and I heard this song on the speakers and it was fairly noisy in there in spite of it being band break time.

I thought it was Grace Slick singing a new JA song.

:D

Doug
Talking about weird stuff like that…..the 1st time I ever heard the song VENUS by The Shocking Blue on an AM car radio, my sister was driving us down to Sam The Record Man, when the lyrics started and it was a female lead singer I thought she was singing PENIS….not VENUS…I turned completely FIRE ENGINE RED!!!😂😂😂😂

I purchased II but skipped over III to IV. Later on, I discovered that was a dumb move.

Even though I like them all, Physical Graffiti and Presence have always been my two most favorite records.

All time favorite song: Achilles Last Stand
My favorite LZ LP is and probably will always be LZ II but my fav 3 songs are WTLB, OTHAFA and 4 Sticks depending on the day. Radio ruined STAIRWAY by overplaying it.

In the early days of the "lockdown," SiriusXM converted their Deep Tracks channel (27) to the Led Zep Channel. As I recall, this went on for the Month of May 2020, so I got to hear a whole lotta Zep in that time...and I can honestly say that I never grew tired of it.

They did something similar after Neil Peart passed away, by changing Deep Tracks to "The Rush Channel." I don't have anything against Rush, but, after about a week, I was looking for a rusty knife!

That's what sets LZ apart. They took our great blues music and injected it with an ingenious interpretation that's held up since I started to take an interest in the great pop music era...back in the late 60s. :smokin
Actually that wasn’t the 1st time SIRIUSXM dedicated a channel to LZ I think it was done 2x before….used to wait til they played LIVE stuff, and interviews but I had already heard all the live stuff, they played mostly BBC stuff, and considering I had probably every live boot and official, I was slightly disappointed, was hoping they might have uncovered something new, but not the case😩

I don't really get the hate for Bob and his desire to explore other musical ventures. I'm not a huge fan of any of his output after Fate of Nations, but I respect him for doing what he wants. Sure, some of his statements about Zeppelin are a bit hypocritical. His bands rearrange most of the Zeppelin stuff, which I think makes Robert happy to go back and cover some of that Zeppelin stuff. Hey, it's HIS show, he can do what he wants. I have actually met Robert, and he is a genuinely nice guy.
I’m jealous!!! Always wanted to meet him. I have always said that if I was to be reincarnated I’d want to be him in LED ZEPPELIN from say ‘68-‘77, he had the world in the palm of his hands, the $$$ the women, the parties, good drugs he was the sexiest Rock God ever at the time IMHO….sure he had some horrible times, almost losing his life 2x, losing his son. Nobody comes out of life alive, but he lived the life I think most guys would have given their eye teeth for, if you get my drift😁

I’m jealous!!! Always wanted to meet him. I have always said that if I was to be reincarnated I’d want to be him in LED ZEPPELIN from say ‘68-‘77, he had the world in the palm of his hands, the $$$ the women, the parties, good drugs he was the sexiest Rock God ever at the time IMHO….sure he had some horrible times, almost losing his life 2x, losing his son. Nobody comes out of life alive, but he lived the life I think most guys would have given their eye teeth for, if you get my drift😁

Robert Plant was and is one of my vocal heroes. I was the singer for my band in high school and through college. My vocals were a combination of Robert Plant and David Byron of Uriah Heep. Robert was such a powerhouse singer. Although he struggled a bit to his reduced range during the '75 tour, he came back in '77 singing with more power. His range was reduced, but he had the power in the lower range. I do not envy his personal tragedies though. I have no kids, but I cry when a pet dies, even one of my fish. My brother recently passed, my mom is dealing with losing child. I would not wish that on ANYONE.

Robert Plant was and is one of my vocal heroes. I was the singer for my band in high school and through college. My vocals were a combination of Robert Plant and David Byron of Uriah Heep. Robert was such a powerhouse singer. Although he struggled a bit to his reduced range during the '75 tour, he came back in '77 singing with more power. His range was reduced, but he had the power in the lower range. I do not envy his personal tragedies though. I have no kids, but I cry when a pet dies, even one of my fish. My brother recently passed, my mom is dealing with losing child. I would not wish that on ANYONE.
I feel your pain exactly😩

Nine years ago the woman I worked for, driving for overseas touring bands, was driving Robert around for a couple of days, at one point they got a flat tire and he wanted to jump out and change it, she wouldn't hear of it, of course, she said he's the nicest, charming warm human being.

I totally agree. And, for that matter.....he can pretty much do what he wants, not what we think he should do. Regarding that video of the Zep tune, I think it's badass. Nice job Robert...rock on.
I don’t have a problem with him following his muse. At all.

What I have a problem with is him dismissing his (and others’) past while simultaneously profiting handsomely off of it so he can follow his muse and still enjoy a lifestyle he otherwise wouldn’t enjoy.

Otherwise, by all accounts, he’s supposed to be a pretty genuine guy.

I don’t have a problem with him following his muse. At all.

What I have a problem with is him dismissing his (and others’) past while simultaneously profiting handsomely off of it so he can follow his muse and still enjoy a lifestyle he otherwise wouldn’t enjoy.

Otherwise, by all accounts, he’s supposed to be a pretty genuine guy.
I respectfully disagree. Led Zeppelin ended with the death of John Bonham. Plant made the rounds with Page and Jones to promote the Led Zeppelin DVD and he also participated in a reunion concert with Jason Bonham. He’s already given us fans more than we could hope for. He also has left the band’s legacy in the capable hands of its de facto curator, Page. At this point, he doesn’t owe anything more to Page and Jones. I’m happy to have the recordings, along with my memories of seeing them live once at the Fillmore East. Plant has had an extensive second act with his own solo career and many solo recordings and now he is enjoying a successful third act with Alison Krauss.

To quote Joni Mitchell, “no one ever said to Van Gogh, ‘paint ‘A Starry Night’ again.’”

I respectfully disagree. Led Zeppelin ended with the death of John Bonham. Plant made the rounds with Page and Jones to promote the Led Zeppelin DVD and he also participated in a reunion concert with Jason Bonham. He’s already given us fans more than we could hope for. He also has left the band’s legacy in the capable hands of its de facto curator, Page. At this point, he doesn’t owe anything more to Page and Jones. I’m happy to have the recordings, along with my memories of seeing them live once at the Fillmore East. Plant has had an extensive second act with his own solo career and many solo recordings and now he is enjoying a successful third act with Alison Krauss.

To quote Joni Mitchell, “no one ever said to Van Gogh, ‘paint ‘A Starry Night’ again.’”
You’re missing my point entirely.

You’re missing my point entirely.
Okay, I’m listening. Please explain to me how he is dismissing his and others’ past. Are you talking about him(and his colleagues in Led Zeppelin) literally taking credit for songs that were written by others? If so, then I generally agree with you, regardless of whether or not the courts, in different instances, reached the same conclusions. This point, however, is not clearly articulated in your post.

Or might you be referring to something else entirely?

Yes, he’s been criticizing and profiting off his (and others’ pasts) while his past has been supporting his muse for many years.

I'm sure that having lived it, he's in at least as good a position to criticize his 'past' as you are.

If he 'dismisses' some of his own work with LZ, I'd call that something he surely gets to do. Are you really amazed that musicians aren't necessarily the fanboys of their own work that fans are, and that their opinions can change? You're in for a lot of shocks then.

Last edited:
Been ages since I heard or seen this

Can you imagine if someone could get hold of the multis and do a 5.1 mix on some of these?

I'm hoping that all these Atmos releases by The Beatles, and now Who's Next, will compel Led Zep to do some Atmos remixes of their catalogue lest they get left behind. I suspect that remixing a song like Whole Lotta Love would require a mammoth effort to get all the special effects to sound like the original stereo recording.

Back