Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rules, this time, are requests for widely-held gems of our beloved hobby! I'll make time for more obscure stuff soon, but I'd like to do a few knock-outs!

Some titles suggestions:
- Chicago Quadio box
- Talking Heads Brick box
- DSOTM (4.0 vs 5.1)
- Clapton's 461 (4.0 vs Guzauski 5.1 vs Scheiner 5.1)

I’ve got also got a couple of episode ideas:
- Artists who’ve issued or are issuing their back catalog in surround (Tull, XTC, R.E.M, Chicago, Moodies, Genesis, etc)
- The rarest/most expensive OOP surround discs

Last edited:
Well since your entertaining requests, how about this little Rockin' Jewel:

https://www.discogs.com/Aerosmith-Toys-In-The-Attic/release/5967989

B O R I N G ....... Been DONE to DEATH!

See the source image

• "I'd much prefer ROCKS...or Daddy's Greatest Hits"
See the source image

Yeah, Baggy ..... hit me with Life In Surround .... Northern Cali style...and love me some sour dough, bro?

Last edited:
Certainly not a widely held title, but it would be a rather interesting one to discuss. I've heard it and it really does not seem discrete at all. The wrong tracks being used are the least of its problems, IMO. If Baggins doesn't tackle this one, I might have to :ROFLMAO:

I really wanted that title, Jonathan but was never able to buy it ...... Heard pros and cons but still wanted to hear it. No Big Deal, huh?

Certainly not a widely held title, but it would be a rather interesting one to discuss. I've heard it and it really does not seem discrete at all. The wrong tracks being used are the least of its problems, IMO. If Baggins doesn't tackle this one, I might have to :ROFLMAO:

Hey Jonathan may be right, (when is he not:rolleyes:), I'll have to play it again, haven't heard it in awhile. But yeah, would be interesting - Scope it Johnny Boy Scope it.

Must be why he had it withdrawn - but I do say, fairly immersive regardless - we'll see?

Seems like his problem with it was more that they used some of the wrong instrument tracks (including entirely omitting some critical guitar parts), and that it was done without his involvement. I don't know the recording well enough to spot all the differences in the remix, but I'm definitely disappointed in the surround aspect of it.

Perhaps we should take this discussion over to the respective poll thread, don't want to detract from Baggins' thread here.

The only thing I can definitely conclude is that Ralph, Jonathan, Mike, Pupster and AR are not out painting the town on this Saturday night. Must be the allure of those surround sound systems.
I was actually recording a track for my current surround project with my guitar tech tonight: Father's Day Pt. 2.
It went very well!

The only thing I can definitely conclude is that Ralph, Jonathan, Mike, Pupster and AR are not out painting the town on this Saturday night. Must be the allure of those surround sound systems.

But I did manage to catch Saturday Night Live tonight with guest star Adam Sandler ..... and it was indeed a gas. Opera Man sketch was brilliant! And accompanied by just a guitar, Adam's heartfelt tribute to pal Chris Farley was poignant and touching but hilarious as well. Not an easy feat.

It's - :hi Life in Surround :hi (With over 10,000 now):hi
---------------------:SG-------:QQlove-------:SG

The rules, this time, are requests for widely-held gems of our beloved hobby! I'll make time for more obscure stuff soon, but I'd like to do a few knock-outs!
From your "diamonds-in-the-rough" comment, I thought you were looking for obscure, but great mixes.

My picks, in that vein:
- Art Garfunkel, Angel Clare (DV SACD)
- Birdsong At Morning, A Slight Departure (Blue Gentian Blu-ray)
- Gentle Giant, The Power and the Glory (Alucard DVD-A/Blu-ray)
- Pink Floyd, Meddle (hidden on Blu-ray in Early Years box set)
- Tower of Power, Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now (DV SACD)

But if you're really looking for "stone-cold classics" of surround:
- King Crimson, [INSERT PRE-THRAK ALBUM HERE] (Panegyric DVD-A/Blu-ray)
- Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon (Capitol SACD/homebrew DVD-A/PF Records Blu-ray, both mixes)
- Porcupine Tree, [INSERT ALBUM HERE] ([INSERT LABEL HERE] DVD-A)
- Steven Wilson, [INSERT PRE-TTB ALBUM HERE] (Kscope DVD-A/Blu-ray)
- Yes, [INSERT ALBUM HERE] (Panegyric DVD-A/Blu-ray)

Back