Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick O’Hearn - Metaphor

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ian Carr – Belladonna

"With Belladonna Carr seemed to finally "get" the fusion of jazz with rock, the blending of the two more seamless and natural than what came before. His own playing was as strong as ever.
But the reason why Belladonna stands out in Carr's discography is the participation of a 26 year-old guitarist Allan Holdsworth"

Be patient and at 2 minutes is some glorious guitar

Larry Coryell – Barefoot Boy

Album details - Dynamic Range Database

"This recording is a noteworthy example of the possibilities inherent in the early days of fusion, blending the electrifying energy of rock with the improvisational excitement of jazz.
BB is just three tracks but do they ever smoke, breathing in some cool rapid conga-fuelled rock and swallowing a wild sax and spewing out a torrid incandescent lava flow that will set fire to your speakers if listened to loud, let alone your brain cells"

029667526920.jpg

Tangerine Dream ‎– Tangram

"Rolling into the 80's the band's sound was somewhat updated, clear, and fresh, but retained more than enough of the old mystic magic to please their devoted followers.
All of the essential TD elements, from gently drifting spacey parts, to more rhythmic sequences and almost frightening sections.
The synth moments are crystal clear & the melodies are definitely hallucinogenic.
No chemicals needed to trip on Tangram"

unnamed (1).jpg

F2B39F0C-5F3D-47E3-B0D6-8DD9877041BA.jpeg

Bocephus King - The Illusion of Permanence

An eclectic mix of folk, blues, alt-country. His 6th album, from 2015.
Local guy from the same Vancouver suburb I live in, this cool album was recorded in a restored old farmhouse less than 5 minutes from where I sit. Very analog sounding.
Amazing stuff that deserves a bigger audience, though I hear he’s huge in Italy

Carlos Santana & John McLaughlin – Love Devotion Surrender
"Love Devotion Surrender has earned its share of admirers over the years, and there’s no arguing that some of this material is stunning.
Whether it’s also guilty of being esoteric and an excuse for endless guitar solos, well, yes, probably that too.
Sitting down and listening to two of the world’s greatest fusion guitarists play off one another is likely better than whatever you already had planned for the next forty minutes"

7175O2ozVVL._SL1500_.jpg

It is not a CD per se. This download was a Xmas present from Peter Gabriel's Society Of Sound a couple of years ago.
The Lake Poets - Live from the Minster
83859C94-85D4-47D9-9046-824AFB6972A0.jpeg

This is a super good CD. Lights Out: San Francisco. It is a great representation of the FM radio station in the early 70's. I had this LP when it first came out in 1972. Voco, Dusty Street where popular fM disc jockeys. This CD has john lee Hooker, Dan Hicks, Tower Of Powers, Lydia Pense, Neal Schon, etc. Discogs Link
I think my brother Clement would really like it.
R-1504943-1231364681.jpeg.jpg
R-1504943-1231364701.jpeg.jpg

John McLaughlin & The 4th Dimension – The Boston Record

"Ever since guitarist John McLaughlin formed the 4th Dimension—his return to an electric fusion band —fans have been hoping he'd dig a little further into his back catalog.
The wait is over with The Boston Record, a live album recorded in 2013 at Boston's Berklee College of Music.
While not quite as heavily fuzz-toned as in his
Mahavishnu Orchestra days, the guitarist has returned to a far grungier tone that better suits the high octane, pedal-to-the-metal fusion which dominates much of The Boston Record"

a1561826539_10.jpg

Back