Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Animals As Leaders – The Joy Of Motion

"These progressive instrumentalists are revered for their beautiful, creative and sophisticated blend of progressive jazz and classically influenced heavy music.
Complex chord progressions, tight polyrhythms, guitar solos and sweeps, unpredictable scales and modes, odd rhythms, and vast tempo and time signatures changes all abound"

unnamed.jpg

Their Dogs Were Astronauts Mystery Diary

"So diverse, Their Dogs Were Astronauts have not spared a single musical concept

It's all here - oriental riffs and scales, ambient atmosphere, djent grooves, solos. It has everything and it has all been put together like it is some magic blend"

a1120054759_10.jpg

Soundgarden- King Animal 2012. This one slipped by me. I like it. I see in Amazon reviews it gets slammed a bit, but I found it cohesive. It certainly isn't the big hits and then some lack luster tracks in between but good and steady. I feel like sometimes I was hearing Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam mixed with Soundgarden, oh well.
71BNFrjeGEL._SX425_.jpg

Brian Eno - David Byrne ‎– My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts
"Primarily recorded between the Talking Heads’ albums Fear of Music and Remain In Light the polyrhythms that Eno and Byrne were exploring are on full display here.
Musically it’s a bridge from the song ‘I Zimbra’ (Fear of Music) to what emerged full-blown on Remain In Light
Unusual & creative. Religious chants and sermons from various religions, backed by Talking Heads-ish polyrhythms and Brian Eno's ambient soundscapes"

81gpFLMX1PL._SL1425_.jpg

Buckethead ‎– Colma

"This is a beautifully constructed album by a master musician who is capable of the most aggressive sounds when desired and in this case the most tear jerking melodies that a musician could muster up"

Bucketheadgnr.jpg

Back