Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
A Love Supreme Live In Seattle. John Coltrane

Pretty good for an amateur recording. Restored and mastered by Kevin Reeves. Can you say Loaded by the Velvet Underground?

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
continuing with the Atlantic Master series...... fantastic gold disc ! fantastic Pete !!

View attachment 72882
WHAT, NO NEW MQA DISCS, Ricky? I just ordered the Modern Jazz Quartet LAST CONCERT [2 MQA discs], a Martin Denny BEST Selection MQA disc, and Keith Jarrett's DEATH AND THE FLOWER [Impulse MQA~CD] the latter of which should include the original QS surround encoding as it was one of those single inventory QS Vinyl discs! They'll probably ship with the Santana 3 disc so I won't have them until the end of next month!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Ralphie...man does not live on MQA alone !!! So much good music out there...BUT ....this one was listened to earlier today and I think I may have shant my panties it was so dang good !!

View attachment 72883
Great album, Ricky which I have on Stereo SHM~SACD. BTW, are you leading a DOUBLE LIFE we don't know about?

BTW, also have that McCoy Tyner disc on a Analogue Production Stereo SACD .... CLASSIC!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
another CD that has been re-done with an impeccable mastering !

View attachment 72889
Don't know if you noticed this upcoming MoFi Stereo SACD which will be released in March 2022 [I posted it originally in the SACD listening section]:

Eldorado: A Symphony By The Electric Light Orchestra

cbmmm3

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Don't know if you noticed this upcoming MoFi Stereo SACD which will be released in March 2022 [I posted it originally in the SACD listening section]:

Eldorado: A Symphony By The Electric Light Orchestra

think Ive had this one on order since 2020 !! Going back to my post on the BSD2 CD - a new comment ----Holy Shit !!!! Is this issue freaking good !!! They have REALLY opened up the sound and the detail ! Buy this. Trust me on this -------------

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
think Ive had this one on order since 2020 !! Going back to my post on the BSD2 CD - a new comment ----Holy Shit !!!! Is this issue freaking good !!! They have REALLY opened up the sound and the detail ! Buy this. Trust me on this -------------
I have a 2 disc Greatest Hits ELO compilation on Blu Spec 2 CD and it sounds fantastic. Really wish they'd remix the entire ELO catalog in surround. What's the HOLD UP?

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
E4DE5C4A-CE52-496A-94D7-A948415BB2EC.jpeg

Elvis Costello - The Return of the Spectacular Spinning Songbook

This version includes the DVD (to be commented on elsewhere) though apparently some of the songs are different performances from CD to DVD.
I’ve read stories about the bad sound quality.
It’s not perfect (yes, the bass is boomy) but those reviews are overblown IMO.
Really enjoyed this (and I’m not typically a live album fan)

Last edited:

Quad Linda

Staff member
The Visit - Loreena McKennitt CD 1 & Conversation CD 3

The Nightfly - Donald Fagen Trilogy MVI box CD 1 & CD 4 10 Extras

King of the NY Streets - Dion Paul Simon guests

The Voice of the Blues Bottleneck Guitar Masterpieces Yazoo 1046

Return of the 5000 Lb Man - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Barbra Streisand Je m'appelle Barbra [Columbia Records/RBCD] From the stunning Richard Avedon Cover to Michel Legrand's exceptional orchestral arrangements, this remains one of my favorite 'event' albums. Simply RESPLENDENT!

See the source image