Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finding it quite ironic that Apple have changed their spatial audio tile to a photo of Adele, when none of her music is in surround.

Or is it an omen of things to come?

Attachments

• DF332213-7978-4A72-A6DE-FDDF190B1B53.png
    DF332213-7978-4A72-A6DE-FDDF190B1B53.png
    468.2 KB · Views: 41
3 Doors Down - The Better Life

View attachment 74474

Really nice subtle mix. Loser has a great intro and there’s some excellent discrete moments. Sounds great! I can’t see it on Apple Music, only Tidal/Amazon at the mo? Sure it’ll be there at some point...

https://tidal.com/browse/album/209644042[/QUOTE]

Agree with the start of ‘Loser’. Never heard this song prior.

Finding it quite ironic that Apple have changed their spatial audio tile to a photo of Adele, when none of her music is in surround.

this would be massive!! 🥰😍🥳🤯😋

unlike the artist themselves, who is positively waif-like now in comparison to the buxom young figure who burst on the scene some years back!

some comedian (Joan Rivers? 🤔 RIP anyway 😔) said she was "rolling in the deep fried chicken" (!) well now she's all svelt and rolling in cash and sounding better than ever!! 💘

a whole dedication to Adele in Atmos on Apple Music, in all seriousness, could be huge for our hobby.. definitely bring it on!! 🍾

3 Doors Down - The Better Life

View attachment 74474

Really nice subtle mix. Loser has a great intro and there’s some excellent discrete moments. Sounds great! I can’t see it on Apple Music, only Tidal/Amazon at the mo? Sure it’ll be there at some point...

https://tidal.com/browse/album/209644042

I like very much this specially the way main vocals are mixed.

Being bored of the conservative way of putting the vocals only in the center channel, this one is a reference of other mixing style.

"Kryptonite" has main vocal all around. Vocals come from frontal, surround and tops, with good echo/reverberation effect. And know what? center channel is silent all the time. Even for music. Wonderful. Kind of Quad Atmos. Fine.

Then, second track "Loser", but now the vocals come from the center. The fun is over. But wait, it comes from center, but I don’t hear the voice too isolated. Then I discover that vocals come also from the Wides, and loud. Voice come from the front central location but in a wonderful Wide sound stage.

All tracks make good use and discrete use of Wides. Other tracks have slightly different ways of mixing vocals, but always... In surround.

You don't have ping-pong sounds like in Yello Point. But the discrete location instruments and vocals are imaged from various speakers, and you hear a very coherent discrete all surround sound.

yes! 👍 its a superb mix! 😍
i couldn't believe how much more actively Surround-y it all was than the Winelight tracks i was playing just beforehand the other night, which tbh i found quite underwhelming and certainly not as scintillating as Mr. Scheiner's 5.1 at all.
I really liked the Winelight mix on my 5.2.4 setup, nice use of the rear heights. Debra Lynn did not suit my musical taste at all.

i tried Katy Perry in Atmos - and i liked it! 😁

..something about the taste of cherry chapsticks? 🍒 👄 😅

(i just hope my boyfriend don't mind it.. 👀 )
I started with this very track and thought it was an amazing mix.
Not the second time around, on shuffle play. Need to get back there. Also, the volume for the whole album is exceptionally low.

Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do

1280x1280-15.jpg

https://tidal.com/browse/album/197385649Can't find on Apple Music just now?

Sounds better than the 5.1 I'd say. To be honest I'm not sure if this recording will ever yield a fantastic surround experience? But I like how this sounds in Atmos and love the songs!

If anyone wants a chuckle I always love looking at this clip of Bowie and Frampton walking around the centre of Madrid trying to grab a beer! 😁🍻

Last edited:

It isn't Adele, it is Katy Perry who just released all of her albums in Atmos and is the current "Featured" Spatial Audio artist. So it makes perfect sense.

Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do

View attachment 74573

https://tidal.com/browse/album/197385649Can't find on Apple Music just now?

Sounds better than the 5.1 I'd say. To be honest I'm not sure if this recording will ever yield a fantastic surround experience? But I like how this sounds in Atmos and love the songs!

If anyone wants a chuckle I always love looking at this clip of Bowie and Frampton walking around the centre of Madrid trying to grab a beer! 😁🍻

coupla tarts 😂 🥰

I really liked the Winelight mix on my 5.2.4 setup, nice use of the rear heights. Debra Lynn did not suit my musical taste at all.

how did you find the use of the Floor Rears?

to me they seemed to be primarily fairly subdued keyboard type things and a pretty uninteresting use of the Surround soundfield compared to Scheiner's approach, i felt..

Back