Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And from one end of the expertly mixed to Giles strange attempt.
I shouldn't have to put my head next to the speakers to hear what's going on.
Yes, there is a surround mix.
Yes, it occasionally hits you.
But...who tested this?
I think Paul over at SDS should be grateful he didn't get to release this, as it is.
Fantastic band, fantastic music, subpar mix....grrr.

Edit....I've raised my rears by a considerable amount to get the surround content. It has improved the overall sound and mix.

Of course, this band INXS is an all time favorite of many and certainly a desert island band top 5 for me. This mix, I agree you have to listen hard, it is a good Atmos mix, lots of things start in front and go to rears, like a strum of guitar starts in front and reverbs to rears, that's cool. Front vocal and heights good. I agree the rears are the weak link, like all the emphasis of the heights was taken from the rears. But hey it's INXS hard not to like it.

Where are you guys located? Cuz I click that link to INXS in Apple Music and I get "something went wrong. Please try again later." That's been happening since yesterday.

Where are you guys located? Cuz I click that link to INXS in Apple Music and I get "something went wrong. Please try again later." That's been happening since yesterday.
I'm in the US (Illinois) and I just get the stereo mixes except for Need You Tonight which is in Atmos.

Last edited:
New Gorillaz album officially announced. The lead single (Cracker Island$ from a month or so ago, which was in Atmos as a single… is lossless now.

But the *new* single is in Atmos. I’d assume the whole thing will be Atmos on release:

Ninja edit: to clarify, Cracker Island the Single still Atmos, just the version on the album is not… for some reason.

Back