Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like some other opinions on how this Willie Nelson sounds, I didn't have it cranked up very high last night, 'cause it was late and Mrs. Pupster was in the room (a-hem...) 🔈
My first impression after the first few tracks: A really good mix that suits the music well. Sounds very analog in the lack of a better description. Track 3 sounds a little Daniel Lanois like. In my opinion a plus. Nice spread of the instruments. Uses all channels as if it was the most natural way to mix country music. And of course great musicians and well produced. Thanks for the tip. I am gonna listen more to this!

Whole album now...

and

The Atmos (**cough**) mix of “Jealousy” is in fact the single version and not the actual album version (as on the redbook CD and DVD-A). I always preferred the single version and it is unfortunate that this Atmos mix doesn’t do the song justice. Same is true for all Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs Atmos mixes thus far.

I'm seeing them, they just play in lossless though. Maybe regional server syncing, I'm sure they'll show up in Atmos eventually.

Apologies. Apparently updating to MacOS 12.6 turned off Dolby Atmos on my MacBook Pro. I am seeing these are Atmos now.

Enya A Day Without Rain and Shepherd Moons are both no longer showing Atmos for me, nor do they play in Atmos. Dark Sky Island still does and all my other Atmos content still works.

Enya A Day Without Rain and Shepherd Moons are both no longer showing Atmos for me, nor do they play in Atmos. Dark Sky Island still does and all my other Atmos content still works.

Did you just update your OS? Double check your setting and make sure Atmos is enabled. I got faked out a bit today.

the first few songs off this one too it appears.

i wouldn’t be suprinsed if the whole catalog is slowly being uploaded becuase this morning all i could find was the metropolis album and 2 off octavarium

the first few songs off this one too it appears.

i wouldn’t be suprinsed if the whole catalog is slowly being uploaded becuase this morning all i could find was the metropolis album and 2 off octavarium
Thank you so much for alerting me to these, I’m happy to report Metropolis pt2 is very good so far, the ticking clock in the overheads sets the scene on a positive note.

Back