Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think at least some of these are different mixes than what was on the All-Time Greatest Hits comp? The intro to "Free Bird" with the organ 100% through the height speakers is pretty cool.

Free Bird on the All-Time Greatest Hits comp is the live version. The "Pronounced" is studio. So yes, those are definitely different.

I think at least some of these are different mixes than what was on the All-Time Greatest Hits comp? The intro to "Free Bird" with the organ 100% through the height speakers is pretty cool.
FYI, Mills Logan has been credited with the immersive mix on Tidal, which is the same person as the All Time Greatest Hits compilation.

Ghost - Jesus He Knows Me
Papa & Co. have a covers EP out in May and this is the first track released (only in stereo on Tidal).
Guess what, they got away with it. And the mix.

Just stick it on a BD-A together with the last full-length one and I snag it, upside down.

Last edited:
Yep. Just found it. Tidal continues to be frustrating. There are 4 versions of the album now. One is a Master and the others are unmarked. As far as I can tell, you have to either play them or download them to see if they are Atmos.
Based on your description, are you browsing Tidal using the Tidal app on a PC?

What I find more useful is to browse using the Tidal app on my iPhone that supports Dolby Atmos since the Atmos and 360 icons appear. I then add the tracks or albums I am interested in to My Collection as they are accessible on any device I am logged into.

What I find more useful is to browse using the Tidal app on my iPhone that supports Dolby Atmos since the Atmos and 360 icons appear. I then add the tracks or albums I am interested in to My Collection as they are accessible on any device I am logged into.
That's exactly how I add new albums and tracks to my Library on my Android phone.
90 % are from the links provided in this thread.
Many thanks to one and all.

Yes. I search using the app on my pc and the website. Oh man, I just saw it. Thanks! This will make my life a lot easier.

So, how are you finding new albums. I check the Atmos Genre regularly, but lots of stuff doesn't show up there. As of right now, I find a lot of stuff in this thread, which is great, but I try and be self reliant when I can. :)

So, how are you finding new albums. I check the Atmos Genre regularly, but lots of stuff doesn't show up there. As of right now, I find a lot of stuff in this thread, which is great, but I try and be self reliant when I can. :)
This thread is a great resource because there are so many folks contributing.

Another resource is the @NewSpatialAudio Twitter feed. Even though it is for Apple Music only, most of the time you can find the content on Tidal too.

Last edited:
This thread is a great resource because there are so many folks contributing.

Another resource is the @NewSpatialAudio Twitter feed. Even though it is for Apple Music only, most of the you can find the content on Tidal too.
I find all my streaming Atmos music here, I'm to lazy too look for it myself. ;) Thanks to all you diggers, saves me lots of time.(y)

Thank you again! I just found the new Pat Metheny on Tidal thanks to the Twitter feed.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but the last few weeks, I've gotten a lot of what I call "no-plays" when I try to play some classical tracks from the Spatial Audio page on Apple Music. It's like a lot of classical tracks show up, but they're not available.
Like… this?
1681221840282.png

If so, that could mean one of two things:
1. The album isn’t fully out yet (for example, this one isn’t out until July 28th). They show the tracks that *will* be available… eventually, but you just can’t play them.
2. (I’ve really only seen this with lossless albums but) the album/track/etc had its streaming contract lapse, and is temporarily unavailable. Usually this lasts 24-48 hours, and is common on all streaming services as far as I know.

Like… this?
View attachment 90456
If so, that could mean one of two things:
1. The album isn’t fully out yet (for example, this one isn’t out until July 28th). They show the tracks that *will* be available… eventually, but you just can’t play them.
2. (I’ve really only seen this with lossless albums but) the album/track/etc had its streaming contract lapse, and is temporarily unavailable. Usually this lasts 24-48 hours, and is common on all streaming services as far as I know.
I guess my interface looks a little different, but yes, it acts like it does when the whole album is not available. It just seems weird that I'm getting that on a lot of classical albums I try to play, more than on other genres of music. I don't play a lot of classical music, but it's good to have in the background while I work.

I guess my interface looks a little different, but yes, it acts like it does when the whole album is not available. It just seems weird that I'm getting that on a lot of classical albums I try to play, more than on other genres of music. I don't play a lot of classical music, but it's good to have in the background while I work.
On the interface differences: that’s a screenshot from my iPad using dark mode (I really like dark mode on things. I even have a plugin to force websites to be in dark mode even if not offered).
Sometimes Apple puts albums that aren’t out in the Spatial Audio section… I don’t get why they don’t just hold off until release, but I’ve seen it in all categories

Back