Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is definitely worth your attention!!

Well in my honest opinion it is.
Bummer, not in CA.
But I am definitely liking R.E.M., next Alicia Keys, as I am typing MURMUR finished and Tom's Southern Accents auto played in Atmos, I didn't know, searching now. Just the one song I found on when searched the whole album.

Bummer, not in CA.
But I am definitely liking R.E.M., next Alicia Keys, as I am typing MURMUR finished and Tom's Southern Accents auto played in Atmos, I didn't know, searching now. Just the one song I found on when searched the whole album.
Not tried the REM release yet.
Found quite a few new ones which I've just added to my Library ...if any are worth sharing I'll be on it.

I have to say this one by A Trak is right up my street. Shame you haven't got full access in the US of A yet.

I was scrolling through David Leonards credits on Tidal and found something huge! Dont think anyone mentioned this before.

https://tidal.com/album/291787874
R.E.M. - Murmur!

I was always bummed the R.E.M. 5.1 mixes never went back this far. Love to see this, still my favorite band. I reckon this means a 40th boxset is likely incoming.

Thanks for finding this. I enjoyed a listen last night.

Listening now. Catapult has a different vocal in parts. This is why I love MCH! I‘ve been a fan since this album and now I hear something new.

R.E.M. are my second favourite band - and my favourite band that plays significantly in the surround space. So chuffed this was found. I have listened to Murmur in 5.1 (while busy) through my system ... nice enough, but I think I'm mainly getting ambience in the rears. :/

R.E.M. are my second favourite band - and my favourite band that plays significantly in the surround space. So chuffed this was found. I have listened to Murmur in 5.1 (while busy) through my system ... nice enough, but I think I'm mainly getting ambience in the rears. :/
R.E.M. fans have been spoiled by the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mixes that are excellent and discrete. The Atmos mix of Murmur is nowhere as good as any of the 5.1 Scheiner mixes IMO.

Not tried the REM release yet.
Found quite a few new ones which I've just added to my Library ...if any are worth sharing I'll be on it.

I have to say this one by A Trak is right up my street. Shame you haven't got full access in the US of A yet.

No issues here in NYC. Maybe it's still making its way west LOL. Too electronic for me but I'll definitely give it a few listens, the mix is super fun!

No issues here in NYC. Maybe it's still making its way west LOL. Too electronic for me but I'll definitely give it a few listens, the mix is super fun!
Oh for sure, I understand that Electronic music is not for everyone, it is a great, fun mix though.
I first started branching out in 1972!!, with the German band Faust. Faust - Faust

R.E.M. fans have been spoiled by the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mixes that are excellent and discrete. The Atmos mix of Murmur is nowhere as good as any of the 5.1 Scheiner mixes IMO.
This is happening with some (many??) other bands/albums as well. Different mixers, different experience and aproaches.

With the Expanse of Dolby Atmos mixing fever, we have to assume we will have a broad spectrum of mixing 'styles'.

Now we pray the mixer is one of our favorites. Wilson, Soord, W.Tailer and some others with more discrete or ping-pong intentions.

Who cared to know who was the mixer in the only Stereo era? Now we care, because the difference is huge.

With all the Alicia Keys, has anyone found the song In Common in Atmos? It was only included on the international versions of HERE so isn't on the Atmos version of that here in the US. The Single version isn't in Atmos. Hmmph.

This is happening with some (many??) other bands/albums as well. Different mixers, different experience and aproaches.

With the Expanse of Dolby Atmos mixing fever, we have to assume we will have a broad spectrum of mixing 'styles'.

Now we pray the mixer is one of our favorites. Wilson, Soord, W.Tailer and some others with more discrete or ping-pong intentions.

Who cared to know who was the mixer in the only Stereo era? Now we care, because the difference is huge.
fwiw mix engineers started to become increasingly important to me around 7-8 years ago when i was seriously getting into the old Quad LPs and whenever i loved a mix by looking into each case it turned out time and again it was the same handful of people doing all these great Quad mixes, Larry Keyes, Don Young, Neil Bogart, Bruce Botnick, Arthur Stoppe, Don Murray.. for me those guys are right up there with the Scheiner's & Wilson's, etc. ✌️

With all the Alicia Keys, has anyone found the song In Common in Atmos? It was only included on the international versions of HERE so isn't on the Atmos version of that here in the US. The Single version isn't in Atmos. Hmmph.
Besides two live versions I see In Common (Black Coffee Remix) and this edit:

Now folks, this is a very rare moment for moi, posting a hip hop/rap release.

I like it

Mind you I am watching IPL cricket 🏏, as well.
16830387322001844058881011691365.jpg

To me this is a very good sounding Atmos mix with very good use of the heights almost all the time. My meters were in the reds on several occasions, and I like the music too. ;)

Back