Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
74e2d91467409269eef845c8872a306f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I saw Art live last week....he sang my very favorite song.... 99 Miles From LA. He killed it. Very emotional piece. :)

Seriously Duuuuuuuuuude - DougThe Knack once sang "Good Girls Don't" straight at Snood and me knew it was about Snood!! :unsure::rolleyes::unsure:

Was very emotional piece. Especially since Snood not a girl, so was confused as to why Doug would write a song about me knowing Snood was not female? :unsure:

That crazy guy!! Long Live Doug Feiger!!

Well took me half the day to think of that joke, even though you just posted it a few minutes ago................now how weird is that/Snood o_O

Love the retirement thing:LB

You no spell word "would" correctly!!! 😆

Maybe GOS referring to 'wood' in his pants, Snood! Ya know .... to store Art's 2 QUAD SACDs for safekeeping......

Art Garfunkel - Breakaway

I still can't get enough of this title. It's so rich and full. Super immersive with nice little discreet pieces here and there. Art is on top of his game with this one. As I've said before...it's my very favorite Vocalion release.

i believe when you fell in love
with that Quad it will be forever! ❤️

When I saw Art live last week....he sang my very favorite song.... 99 Miles From LA. He killed it. Very emotional piece. :)

i love love love his rendition of that song! he sings like he means every line of the lyric, he is so good at conveying the emotion in a song.. and the arrangement on "Breakaway" is fabulous.. there's melodrama, fragility, longing.. the track is cleverly put together, it has momentum, it builds even though its not at a particularly fast tempo you're with him on the journey and there's a sense of urgency.. and it helps that it sounds so good on the DV SACD in Quad :love:

Last edited:
Derek & The Dominos: Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs (SACD 5.1)

R-1952050-1254644399.jpeg.jpg

i'm surprised nobody's piped up yet to say "i prefer the Scheiner mix on DVD from the box set!" :ROFLMAO:
(tbh i don't! to me there are good things and bad things about both Guzauski's mix on SACD and Scheiner's on DVD, neither one nails it.. how much of that is down to limitations of source material idk..)

Upmix

adb61d091f3875c41b2e090a27addf68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the title track on this is phenomenal thru the Involve mode of the Surround Master!! stuff pops up absolutely everywhere!!! o_O

makes me wonder if it might be stealth encoded (Q-Sound? or unmarked Dolby Surround or maybe even longer shot in QS or something..)... 🤔 it's that good!

Carole King : Tapestry SACD 5.1
"I feel The Earth Move Under My Feet...."
literally tonight since we had a 7.1 earthquake earlier this evening. 😳

I'm watching CNN on the East Coast right now and that was indeed a doozy of a quake. Stay safe Mike. Freaky that you had a 6.4 followed by a 7.1 a day apart. I missed the quake in San Francisco in '89 by two weeks. The last time I visited my cousin in Gilroy which is right near the San Andreas fault [she actually showed it to me] I was thrown out of bed the morning I was to leave by a jolt [minor quake]. Talk about a sobering wake up call.

I'm watching CNN on the East Coast right now and that was indeed a doozy of a quake. Stay safe Mike. Freaky that you had a 6.4 followed by a 7.1 a day apart. I missed the quake in San Francisco in '89 by two weeks. The last time I visited my cousin in Gilroy which is right near the San Andreas fault [she actually showed it to me] I was thrown out of bed the morning I was to leave by a jolt [minor quake]. Talk about a sobering wake up call.

Quakes and tremors are super frightening for us who don't usually ever experience one. When I was in Chile a few years ago, they had a whopper and the little mom/pop hotel I was in was shaking pretty hard. Scared the hell out of me. Very unnerving to feel and see walls and floors moving.

It's Like You Never Left - Dave Mason (SQ thru the Surround Master)

"Baby.... pleeeeeeeeeease!
You've got me scraping my knees!
Please! Please!
Don't make me go back to the freeze!"

owww!! that's some hard beggin' rock and roll maaaan!!! :rocks

was comparing the SQ to the Q8 and it decodes so well thru the SM, it gets all the placement and panning right (and there's quite a bit of the latter) lovely album and great surround mix

It's Like You Never Left - Dave Mason (SQ thru the Surround Master)

"Baby.... pleeeeeeeeeease!
You've got me scraping my knees!
Please! Please!
Don't make me go back to the freeze!"

owww!! that's some hard beggin' rock and roll maaaan!!! :rocks

was comparing the SQ to the Q8 and it decodes so well thru the SM, it gets all the placement and panning right (and there's quite a bit of the latter) lovely album and great surround mix
This one is very high up on my DV wish list. I e-mailed them to suggest it. Alas, I got no reply. 😢

Back