Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" is one of my all-time favorite songs (played the Fillmore East version for my daughter in utero! I wish I had recorded her reaction when she first heard it outside the womb! Priceless!)

1573341697816.png
The Allman Brothers Band Idlewild South 45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition

So with two versions of "IMoER" on this Blu-ray, I'd say this is one of my all-time favorite releases!

Last edited:
"In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" is one of my all-time favorite songs (played the Fillmore East version for my daughter in utero! I wish I had recorded her reaction when she heard it outside the womb! Priceless!)

View attachment 43890 The Allman Brothers Band Idlewild South 45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition

So with two versions of "IMoER" on this Blu-ray, I'd say this is one of my all-time favorite releases!

Clement, have you heard the original DTS 4.0 of Live at Fillmore East Allman Brothers Band version. Amazingly discrete but of course not 96/24 resolution. If you can find the disc cheap ..... BUY IT!

I and many others had wished this DTS version [in full hi res] was included on this remaster ... but alas, NOT! ONLY STEREO!

I'm feeling kind of Pentecost, so

View attachment 43894 TA LKI N GHE ADS SP EAK IN GI N TO NGU ES

I best not lick anything combustable, or I may be Bu rni n gDo wnt he Hou se !

Well I suppose going 'Pentecostal' is better than going POSTAL, Clement!

See the source image

Am currently auditioning my new TIDAL subscription with MQA [don't have an MQA decoder but it's on order]. Playing Norah Jones and Herbie Hancock doing a spectacular rendition of Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark....albeit in Stereo.

Last edited:
Damn it , these "Classic Albums" series are just fucking fantastic. You get to hear from the musicians and producers at a mixing board deconstructing and re-constructing their music along with stories on writing the songs... this one eluded me for a long time!
Had to break it out and listen again.
Tonight I watched - Damn The Torpedoes :love:

folder.jpg

Latest posts

Back