Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warning bit of a negative comment coming up..
I don't really do neg stuff, but this disc is a bit underwhelming in surround.

The Jimmy Cobb Quartet
Cobb's

https://www.discogs.com/The-Jimmy-Cobb-Quartet-Cobbs-Corner/release/2507408
In fact I am bit disappointed with Chesky surround releases in general.
Any there any really good ones out there?

its a welcome warning! commendable not to sugarcoat it! i'd rather know straight up if a surround music disc isn't much cop. tbh i don't remember hearing one that totally floated my boat, though to be fair i do like active immersive surround sound, so i gave up on them after the first few "meh" multich mixes of theirs i picked up because at the time i was getting so many discs that did have interesting and/or accomplished surround mixes it felt like a waste of time/money pursuing the labels' surround output further at that point.. even the fun wee Dr Cheeky's Ridiculous Musical Aquarium (or whatever it was! the one with all the sound effects) was a kinda play once thing so i couldn't really recommend that to you either! 🤣

Dragon Attack on Marshall Vol 11
Follwed by :
Another One Bites the Dust

Gonna have the neighbours complaining soon.

The walls are shakin!! :QQlove

".. neighbours screaming
when the noise annoys,
somebody nagging you
when you're out with the boys...
they're always,
they're always,
they're always,
they're always,
coming soon,
coming soon,
on the outside
of the track....
yeah
yeah
YEAHHHHHH!!!!!"

:rocks

Jethro Tull Stormwatch
Steven Wilson Remix
DVD-V DTS 96/24 5.1
FB_IMG_1574954456618.jpg

its a welcome warning! commendable not to sugarcoat it! i'd rather know straight up if a surround music disc isn't much cop. tbh i don't remember hearing one that totally floated my boat, though to be fair i do like active immersive surround sound, so i gave up on them after the first few "meh" multich mixes of theirs i picked up because at the time i was getting so many discs that did have interesting and/or accomplished surround mixes it felt like a waste of time/money pursuing the labels' surround output further at that point.. even the fun wee Dr Cheeky's Ridiculous Musical Aquarium (or whatever it was! the one with all the sound effects) was a kinda play once thing so i couldn't really recommend that to you either! 🤣
Unfortunately I have to agree also; butt, I do enjoy some of their stereo releases for studio sound quality like the Sara K.s. And they decode great through our fav Blue Eyed Monster;)

Here here..couldn't agree more Ralphie. There are not words to describe how thankful I am, that I found this site and to meet so many friendly, knowledgeable and passionate music surround enthusiasts. Without going over the top, Jon is a top bloke and deserves all the gratitude we can heep ( Almost put in Uriah there!!) upon him. :QQlove

A very happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends :SG:51QQ
Amen! My life in surround land has been extremely blessed since I became part of QQ.

Here here..couldn't agree more Ralphie. There are not words to describe how thankful I am, that I found this site and to meet so many friendly, knowledgeable and passionate music surround enthusiasts. Without going over the top, Jon is a top bloke and deserves all the gratitude we can heep ( Almost put in Uriah there!!) upon him. :QQlove

A very happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends :SG:51QQ
+1. and did Ralphie cut his self off there! That’d be a huuuuge quake of a first :ROFLMAO:

Right, back to real surround
Queen
The Game

No one can beat Freddies wonderful voice.

Yes, when the winds do blow (and they blow so very hard with him!) 🌬
And his pipes are singing the praises of a certain Watford Wizard 🧙‍♂️
All cares and woes are put to rest 💅
Just keeping our dreams and styli sailin' in the right direction 🎚 ⛵
Forever gracing our shores with waves of Golden Slumbers and sonic soiree 😴 🕺 🎉

Have a slice of bird🦃, pass the champagnya 🥂 and never fear 🔞

Freddie's Here!
4041.jpg

Back