Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One word.

Attachments

• R-7384260-1440340575-4698.jpeg.jpg
    R-7384260-1440340575-4698.jpeg.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 94
Tales From Earthsea
Tamiya Terashima

https://www.discogs.com/Tamiya-Tera...ginal-Soundtrack-ゲド戦記サウンドトラック/release/8872608
This is a delightful soundtrack, not a massive amount of rear action but the music more than makes up for that.
This was not one of my favorite Ghibli movies (seemed too condensed. A two part movie would have been better) but having seen it some time agoI recall splendid visuals & wonderful music.

But mainly: Holy Crapola! I had no idea there was a surround sound SACD of this! Seems to be going for ~$25 on discogs. But some of the labeling info is vauge. Do you have a barcode or other ID to make sure I the right one?

Many thanks for this post!

Last edited:
This was not one of my favorite Ghibli movies (seemed too condensed. A two part movie would have been better) but having seen it some time agoI recall splendid visuals & wonderful music.

But mainly: Holy Crapola! I had no idea there was a surround sound SACD of this! Seems to be going for ~ 425 on discogs. But some of the labeling info is vauge. Do you have a barcode or other ID to make sure I the right one?

Many thanks for this post!

You are very welcome Wizzo!!

I got mine here:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000FNNOTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1The barcode is the same as on Discogs:
4 988008 888331

The information is from the enclosed OBI strip.

+1
I'm intrigued!
とても幸せで、あなたの存在に恵まれています!
Haha google says: とても幸せで、あなたの存在に恵まれています! =
Very happy and blessed with your presence.

Some of my favorite music is Asian & that includes TV/movie OST. Because of American influence much of it is enjoyable to Western ears but different enough to have it's own unique appeal. It's a bit off topic but I want to raise your attention to two anime classics notable for both the content, visuals, & music:

and

Dear friends if anyone knows of more anime soundtracks in surround please post!

All? Damn--that's a LOT

1576184278158.png
Bruce Soord All This Will Be Yours

Listened to both the album and acoustic 5.1 mixes. A very affecting release. Lush production and an effective, immersive use of surrounds. Two different feels, despite the fact that the album itself is already very acoustic. Ima need a few more listens. Moving.

Back