Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have all the speakers set to large (full range) will I still get an LFE signal coming out of the subwoofer outputs on the AVR ?

Normally, Beefalo, FULL RANGE SPEAKERS have adequate bass response and usually don't need a sub. IMO, setting satellite or smaller speakers to full range settings might result in damage to those smallish speakers...and result in 'unnatural' frequency response.

Automatic For the People Dolby Atmos Blu-ray - New Adventures in Hi-Fi 5.1 MLP DVDA/V
rem.jpg

You will be pleased to hear that I'm banging the AIX drum long and hard again.
I have sought out this one for a long time, at the right price.
Finally it appeared on Amazon.com
I cannot recommend this one enough, it has everything.
Fantastic live show
Superb audio tracks
I haven't searched yet to see if it's mentioned elsewhere on this site.
If you can land yourself a copy, I can promise you, for the live show alone, you will not be disappointed.
https://www.aixrecords.com/product/the-carl-verheyen-band-rumor-mill/

OK, I'm going to confess I've never really been a fan of Depeche Mode... as a metal head in the 80's, listening to them was musical blasphemy, lol... plus most of their music that I heard on the radio was somewhat gloomy for my tastes... still, over the years I've started to really like early 80s synth pop, so I decided to sift through the catalog of Depeche Mode surround releases, and to my surprise I found a bunch of songs I liked enough to add to my master (and slave) surround list:

Capture.JPG

(Unfortunately, these are the only ones I was really digging, but still... I'm making progress 😜)

Note: The songs from "Speak & Spell" definitely benefit from boosting the rear channels a bit

Last edited:
OK, I'm going to confess I've never really been a fan of Depeche Mode... as a metal head in the 80's, listening to them was musical blasphemy, lol... plus most of their music that I heard on the radio was somewhat gloomy for my tastes... still, over the years I've started to really like early 80s synth pop, so I decided to sift through the catalog of Depeche Mode surround releases, and to my surprise I found a bunch of songs I liked enough to add to my master (and slave) surround list:

View attachment 46770
(Unfortunately, these are the only ones I was really digging, but still... I'm making progress 😜
Their nickname here is Depressed Mood..... :D

View attachment 46770
(Unfortunately, these are the only ones I was really digging, but still... I'm making progress 😜
You're making progress my friend.
On your list I know which role I would rather play
"my master (and slave) surround list:"

Fantastic live show
Superb audio tracks
If you can land yourself a copy, I can promise you, for the live show alone, you will not be disappointed.
Where you lead, I will follow. This arrived today

1582855839283.png

So good to hear Mason in surround! Details HERE

Fantastic live show
Superb audio tracks
I looked a little at the AIX web page, pretty cool, lots of good stuff.
I don't understand there ordering?
You van purchase a hard disc. I understand.
You can purchase the same in download?
What is audience and stage? From that perspective? Would one be a waste of time to listen? Or are audience and stage both cool?
If I order anything I don't want to screw up my purchase. Wow, lots of ordering so far and it's only February.

What is audience and stage? From that perspective? Would one be a waste of time to listen? Or are audience and stage both cool?
Pretty much self discribing. Audience is mic'd as if your sitting out in front of the group, stage is more like your sitting onstage with the performers grouped around you. They're both cool, depends on which you like more. Maybe best to get 1 disc first which have everything to learn what you like

I'm a big Hawkwind fan. After Lemmy left I prefer the lineups with my pal Alan Davey on bass.
My favorites are the "big band" (including Simon House, Tim Blake) live shows 2000-2002.
3 or 4 different Keyboards, Synths/ Violins all producing a wall of sound.
My favorites are:
Canterbury Faire - Spaced out in London - Yule Ritual.
Not 5.1, but their latest ‘All Aboard The Skylark’ is utterly fantastic. I typically play it with my Yamaha’s Neural THX Music DSP and it’s some of the best faux surround I’ve heard in ages! Very impressive and it comes with an almost as good 2nd disc of acoustic interpretations of some of their ‘hits’.
85C10E0F-ACC2-4E4A-8FAF-39EB8E2F0332.jpeg

Back