Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary Fahl's From The Dark Side Of The Moon WON!
1612319119545.png

To be very honest, I never liked this release, more for the fact that if I am going to listen to The Dark Side Of The Moon, I am going to listen to the real thing, as it will always be better than this.
That said, as the surround winner, congradulations to all, I am giving another listen, hopefully more appreciative.
R-14988838-1585163125-8839.jpeg.jpg

Will start listening to this in a short while.🎷:)

Despite the lack of the original QUAD analogue masters, Michael Dutton does NOT disappoint with this classic. Whatever the source tapes he utilized, it sounds discrete and VIBRANT! Hope you enjoy it.

BTW, Tower Records Japan is CURRENTLY releasing some CTI 70's titles on Stereo SACD and is charging over $30 per title. For £11.99, consider this original 2 LP set a veritable bargain...and in QUAD, no less!

Last edited:
Keith Hopcroft - Route Secondaire
*This may be one of my favorite surround discoveries in the last year; just shipped in from Denmark. I'd categorize this as more Ambient/New Age than just straight Ambient.
I believe @GOS brought this to my attention on one of his earlier posts here (Thanks!)

Link (BD-R discs and download): Keith Hopcroft - Route Secondaire - BluRay disc - Surround Music One

I ripped both the 5.1 and 4.0 mixes; but noticed a couple extra 4.0 tracks (for tracks 13 & 14) I figured out one was a longer re-mix of Aire De Repos (#14) but still haven't quite figured out what track 13 is? I also noticed that some/all of the re-mixing in Quad may have been done by our bud here @mlrocker (aka Enoch The Rad-ETR) ; perhaps he has some insight into this, and great job with this one also Mr. ETR!

KH-RS.jpg

This sucker has gotten expensive !

Blue Öyster Cult ‎– Secret Treaties
SACD Quadraphonic

"Surround wise it's a discrete & well balanced quad.
Attention was paid to get just enough balance between the fronts (mainly drums, bass, lead vocals) and rears (more guitar, organ)
The songs work wonderfully in surround, big sounds, many elements, hard-edged and melodic at the same time.
Last but not least, this is VERY easy to crank up.
In fact it calls for cranking"

MVIMG_20210203_111513.jpg

Last edited:
Another great release from Dutton Vocallion , I had never heard the first BTO album before so great to hear it for the first time, and in quad! both albums are classic 70's rock and we get a booklet with background info. The quad mix's are really good, very happy with this.

8584rgbweb.jpg

Back