Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metalheads who like the cookie monster vocals that is. I had to turn it off at about 10 seconds into the first song.

Too bad there isn't an instrumental only version, or is there?

I'm hardly what you'd call a METALHEAD but the album got progressively better and there are some VERY tasty guitar licks and on my full range system utilizing separate components, it really does sound superb......

But I did follow that with AF's SUPERB Stereo SACD remaster of Renaissance's Scheherazarde ... to DECOMPRESS!

Last edited:
51o86nqpvzL.jpg

This is the DTS version (really hard to tell from the packaging - the regular CD version is Dolby Surround and the only difference in packaging is a DTS sticker, but the disc itself is covered with DTS logos and warnings). It's a decent performance, generally faster than average. Surround is ambience at best, though. Not a winner for me.

Incidentally, Telarc recorded a version of The Planets in DSD with Paavo Jarvi but it only got released on regular CD, right around the end of the company. What a shame.

Back