Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
East Meets West in Yo Yo Ma's SILK ROAD JOURNEYS When Strangers Meet [Columbia Masterworks/single layer Multi~CH SACD/Super Bit Mapping]. An Appropriately discrete very dynamic recording!

See the source image

See the source image

Last edited:
Both Atmos and Auro encoded tracks are available on the BD, both sound great!
I bought this on the statement on this forum that the Atmos mix was great,it is not.The music is OK,but the mix is very front heavy,not much in the heights or surround speakers.

I bought this on the statement on this forum that the Atmos mix was great,it is not.The music is OK,but the mix is very front heavy,not much in the heights or surround speakers.

Well, it depends on your expectations.

For me the Atmos mix is great in the sense that it transports you to the scene between the musicians.
It is one of Atmos mixes that makes more use of the wides (9.1.4) giving a very great wide expanded sound stage.
Sometimes you feel 'inside' the kit drum. The drums sounds all around you, but it is not an expanded stereo. You notice the different position of each drum.
The trumpet section is at the right, but it is not all coming from the right side surround speaker. The different trumpets come partially from front right and more from wide right and surround right. And sometimes I hear different positions for each different trumpet.

So, yes, it is a "reality" recorded sound as if you were there. But the discrete sounds are not moving everywhere.

Both Atmos and Auro encoded tracks are available on the BD, both sound great!
I'm not Atmos/Auro equipped, but the Atmos core of Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sounds more than decent on my 7.2 system. I'd have to say I like the mix, but don't find the music as good as XXL or Swinging' For The Fences.:unsure:

Last edited:
Back