Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir Simon Rattle conducting the London Symphony Orchestra BERNSTEIN'S WONDERFUL TOWN [LSO/Multi~CH SACD] Superbly Recorded and a Wonderful TIME

71IWQLUrDsL._SL1200_.jpg

The Doors L.A. Woman [Elektra/MLP DVD~A 5.1 96/24]. Released in 2000 as part of Warner's DVD~Audio Launch, L. A. Woman was remixed from the original 8 track 1" Analogue Master Tapes by Bruce Botnick and mastered for DVD~A by Bernie Grundman @ Bernie Grundman Mastering. IMO, the best version!

R-8967880-1472438084-2219.jpeg.jpg

i was playing this just recently and noticed some channel imbalances in round the room pans.

i went to check everything with reference material and the sound meter and everything was set ok so that got me wondering.

it seems the Rears may be set a little low in the mix relative to the Fronts?

also for anybody who's missing bass on this one might want to check the phase of their LFE because when i toggled the phase on the sub back and forth during my fiddling about it was remarkable how much low end diminished and magically came back (all speakers set to Small with 80hz crossover).

anyway its a great album and decent enough mix, hadn't played it for years and thoroughly enjoyed it! 👍

Back