Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long summer far from my surround setup, and I've got a pile of items to be listened to (Quadios, Fish's, Ziggy's, Tull..), but I parked them all as I needed something uplifting, so I chose Djabe's Life is a Journey. Beautiful melodies and solid surround experience that evokes the sun, the sea and the light from the Mediterranean islands. By chance I met some fellow cavers from Sardinia this summer, so the listening is dedicated to them.
I'm really, really down due to personal matters, aggravated by an ear barotrauma (shouldn't have dived ..).
So half deaf, I'm here waiting for Djabe and Steve Hackett to raise my spirits a little bit. Music heals, they say!
sending positive healing vibes your way 💗🤗💗

Long summer far from my surround setup, and I've got a pile of items to be listened to (Quadios, Fish's, Ziggy's, Tull..), but I parked them all as I needed something uplifting, so I chose Djabe's Life is a Journey. Beautiful melodies and solid surround experience that evokes the sun, the sea and the light from the Mediterranean islands. By chance I met some fellow cavers from Sardinia this summer, so the listening is dedicated to them.
I'm really, really down due to personal matters, aggravated by an ear barotrauma (shouldn't have dived ..).
So half deaf, I'm here waiting for Djabe and Steve Hackett to raise my spirits a little bit. Music heals, they say!
Music heals, I had a spell of being partially deaf a while back in my right ear due to an infection (a recurring issue) and it does bring you down, had to listen to things in stereo or with little Bass (as it boomed & hurt), loved Dorothee Munyaneza, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge & Ommadawn, and Tangerine Dream. Djabe is excellent. They are also quite uplifting. Hope things improve for you soon.

An absolute FAV from the Wizard of Watford

Art Garfunkel - Breakaway [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Art Garfunkel - Breakaway
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

I was just hoping for a page or two showing the musicians/instruments, if that's possible?
Dozan Fujiwara - Syakuhachi
Isao Tomita - Synthesizer
Souju Nosaka - 25-string koto (Tracks 1, 12)
Akinori Inaba - Hichikiri (Tracks 11, 12)
Ikuo Kakehashi - Percussion (Tracks 2, 4, 7, 9)
Toei Academy - Chorus (Tracks 4, 14)
Yano Yuki - Vocal (Track 6)
Mixed by Toshiyasu Shiozawa and Isao Tomita
Assistant Engineers: Noriko Mihara (Sound Inn), Kazunori Yamada (Sound Inn), Mari Shinohara (On Air Azabu)
Mastered by Yumiko Yamashita

Dozan Fujiwara - Syakuhachi
Isao Tomita - Synthesizer
Souju Nosaka - 25-string koto (Tracks 1, 12)
Akinori Inaba - Hichikiri (Tracks 11, 12)
Ikuo Kakehashi - Percussion (Tracks 2, 4, 7, 9)
Toei Academy - Chorus (Tracks 4, 14)
Yano Yuki - Vocal (Track 6)
Mixed by Toshiyasu Shiozawa and Isao Tomita
Assistant Engineers: Noriko Mihara (Sound Inn), Kazunori Yamada (Sound Inn), Mari Shinohara (On Air Azabu)
Mastered by Yumiko Yamashita
Very nice, thanks a ton. :smokin

Now I just have to hunt one down :)

Shades of gray are the colors of my day . . . Colors of the Day – The Best of Judy Collins
View attachment 96173 8.39 on our poll
thread
Most unfortunately, Audio Fidelity took some serious digs when they released Judy Collins' COLORS OF THE DAY on QUAD SACD but I, OTOH, was thoroughly delighted.

Though not perfect and omitting some of her later triumphs, Judy finally received her due!

So happy to have it in my collection.

Back