Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nooooooooo! Surely it sounds amazing....?? Don't have mine yet.
sounds alright.. not true to the original somehow, there's some ambience and reverb added which almost takes away from the feel of the production and it doesn't feel particularly Surround-y, the bulk of vocals and instrumentation appear to emerge from the front of the room 👀

i'll delve deeper when i've got more time but so far i'd probably give it a "5"? 🤷🏻‍♀️

only had one quick flick through so far.. sounded like a load of front-heavy, reverb-laden old bollocks to me 🤷🏻‍♀️👀
Yea, my thoughts exactly, nothing little from the sides, the rears and atmos pipe up from time to time, but not the best atmos mix by a long way, I'm listening to Peter Gabriel now which is superb by comparison.

Last edited:
Zappa in Atmos ……😍😍😍

image.jpg

sounds alright.. not true to the original somehow, there's some ambience and reverb added which almost takes away from the feel of the production and it doesn't feel particularly Surround-y, the bulk of vocals and instrumentation appear to emerge from the front of the room 👀

i'll delve deeper when i've got more time but so far i'd probably give it a "5"? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I would've thought they'd at least have the 'whoa' backing vocals in "Tainted Love" come 100% from the back, but no :(

Just finished listening to Camel-Camel 5.1 Blu Ray Rip.
FLAC file 24bit/96Khz, DR's are 10, 11, 12's.
Real good mix, nice analog tone to the music, pretty equal surround, little pop outs here there. Really enjoyable, great music.
I think the band Camel is the epitomy of Prog Rock?
Why is the Camel crying? My only guess isCamels are slow and it is on a train?
R-2328664-1521637611-2110.jpg

R-29050999-1701295902-6564.jpg

For something completely different, I picked up this Atmos pure audio blu ray:
Konstantin Reymaier ~ The New Organ at St Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna

It's been streaming on Apple Music for some time, but is available in a beautiful Deutsche Grammaphone digipak for under $16.
5.1 mix included.

Program starts with Bach & ends with John Williams Star Wars.
A showcase for the power & dynamics of these ancient instruments, in a massive reverberant space.

If there's a pipe organ recording better than this one, I'd like to know about it.

https://a.co/d/iJfFDAI

1701530709022.png

1701530114343.jpeg

Listened to the hard disc (ATMOS) in the player. Great music. Nice immersive surround sound. Not the strongest in my ATMOS library, as far big heights experience.
The best part, the music is great. I will need to try again at a higher volume to see if I can get the ATMOS experience to pop better.
Blu Ray contains:
In-Side Mix (Dolby Atmos), no 5.1.
Bright-Side Mix (Stereo) 24bit/48Khz
Dark-Side Mix (Stereo) 24bit/48Khz
One cool feature via the menu is you can switch between the Atmos and the two stereos on the fly whatever song your on, with no interruption of song.
718XO9EdNkL._SX522_.jpg

It's been streaming on Apple Music for some time, but is available in a beautiful Deutsche Grammaphone digipak for under $16.
5.1 mix included.

A showcase for the power & dynamics of these ancient instruments, in a massive reverberant space.

If there's a pipe organ recording better than this one, I'd like to know about it.

View attachment 98924

View attachment 98923
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a copy!

5.1 mix included.

View attachment 98924

View attachment 98923
I love the power and glory of pipe organ. Will check this one out. ORDERED! Thanks for the tip! BTW, purchase comes with an Autorip download digital copy. Right now, I'm remembering an old friend of mine, Tom Tibbits, was responsible for and performed on the pipe organ at the Kennedy Center. I was given the opportunity to walk through the pipes. What a perfect day that was.

Last edited:
Back