Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk about upcoming Quadio's :SG made me get this fine one out.
Jefferson Starship-Red Octopus- 4.0.
Blu Ray Rip-FLAC 24bit/192Khz. DR's are 12's, 13's, 14's.
Great music from a local band :)
R-27469884-1688087022-9722.jpg

Listening now to Jethro Tull’s WarChild in quad from the bookset.

OS05MjEyLnBuZw.jpeg

I’m listening to my MKV through a Neumi Atom 4K device that I’m trying out. It’s an inexpensive music/video device that’s under $50 depending on the model. (Thanks to @sjcorne for the tip some weeks back.)

In particular, it’s valuable for us Apple folks who can’t get a Mac to stream full 7.1.4 to a receiver without jumping through hoops and cursing.

Once I play it with more and get some clarification from the company on some conflicting messaging, I’ll probably start a separate thread for the device (if someone hasn’t already) because it’s an amazing little device to play MKV files (and more) without having to use a PC.

CAMEL AIR BORN THE MCA/DECCA YEARS: 1973-1984 [Universal/28 RBCDs/5 BD~A~Vs in Stereo/DTS~HD MA 5.1 96/24/LPCM 5.1 96/24]

Right off the bat, I must absolutely commend remix engineer Stephen W. Tayler for an OUTSTANDING job of remixing 5 of Camel's classic albums in 5.1!

I've owned several of Universal's STEREO SHM~SACDs and this set not only surpasses those remasters but propels them into the SONIC STRAT0SPHERE!

VERY HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. I'm literally in PROG ROCK HEAVEN! 💫

81IKTAAy3YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
John Lennon-Gimme Some Truth, released 10/29/2020.
Dolby Atmos, Blu Ray Rip: MKV File, 24bit/48Khz. DR's are 10's, 11's, 12's, 13's, 14.
Today I started at Track 16-Mind Games. I still miss John Lennon, really sad when he was murdered. I was laying on the floor, watching Monday Night Football, half asleep, when Howard Cosell came on with the shocking news, devastated I was.
R-16033499-1614495964-1416.jpg

licensed-image.jpg

We purchased this new from Amazon back in 2013. We wanted the separate 1977 blu ray concert inside the set.. We have listened to so many eagles live on video versions over so many years, but to us, this concert, even though not the full one, is the best versions of these songs ever played live in our opinion...( we do own the Hell Freezes over DTS dvd and the Eagles farewell tour 1 Blu ray as well.) I could not even imagine how many times this has played in our room over the years.. a LOT. Still among our favorites. Played rather loud as usual last night...:love:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 09-28-18 Amazon.com History of the Eagles Blu-ray Eagles Movies & TV.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 09-28-18 Amazon.com History of the Eagles Blu-ray Eagles Movies & TV.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Listening/watching now Supertramp Live In Paris '79. Concert Video.
Ripped Blu Ray MKV File 5.1 DTS HD MSTR. 24bit/96Khz Dynamic Range as a whole, 14.
This was my first Supertramp CD, a double CD, early 80's I think. I just loved the music and the quality of the recording. After this I went backwards and purchased others.
I bought this Blu Ray years ago, and mesmerized by the musicians and the fact they all sang lead, or at least 3 of them.
Great band, wish I would've seen them live. They probably played at The Cow Palace?
Oh, yes, this is a very good surround sound.
R-3837154-1612660527-4560.jpg

Listening/watching now Supertramp Live In Paris '79. Concert Video.
Ripped Blu Ray MKV File 5.1 DTS HD MSTR. 24bit/96Khz Dynamic Range as a whole, 14.
This was my first Supertramp CD, a double CD, early 80's I think. I just loved the music and the quality of the recording. After this I went backwards and purchased others.
I bought this Blu Ray years ago, and mesmerized by the musicians and the fact they all sang lead, or at least 3 of them.
Great band, wish I would've seen them live. They probably played at The Cow Palace?
Oh, yes, this is a very good surround sound.
View attachment 99158
Breakfast in America was our very first cd we ever purchased. Was a great band

Back