Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wings Venus & Mars dts surround CD​

FjKgCuR.jpeg

ahh!! 😂🤦‍♀️ haha!! 😅😂
Appreciate you playin' along Freddie.

How you likin' your Blank in Atmos?

Interesting that when I go to rip the BD, it only shows 7 Atmos titles; but MMH breaks it up to the 12 songs :unsure:

Also, does MakeMKV read the AURO3D files on the BD?

And finally, I don't see this Blu-ray title in discogs yet.

BLANK ATMOS.jpg

well, I'm loving this BLANK BD release!!!

If you like any kind of Electronic/Ambient style music; you should also dig this one (y) (y)

The mix/mastering is sublime :QQlove

I can only imagine what you cats with Atmos heights are experiencing with this one.

Dolby Atmos Mixing & Mastering by:
David Merkl & Stefan Bock at msm-studios 👏

BORIS BLANK RESONANCE BD.jpg

I have a bunch of those myself. They’re called “recordable.”
Jokes aside, there was an issue with the manufacturing of the Aqualung bluray which came exclusively in the boxset and lots of copies became unplayable and useless as time passed and they eventually turned greenish.
Mine was affected and it was completely unplayable. I tried to contact the company and I had no answer and Amazon couldnt care less as it was more than 2 years ago.
Fortunately, the dvd almost replicated contents though not completely and sound quality is not as good.
This was when I began ripping every concert or audio-only dvds or blurays I buy. Since last year I also do the same with every SACD.
So, if you have not played your bluray for some time I would check it.
The same thing happened with one of my Pink Floyd's Immersion boxes, I think it was WYWH but here the company send me a replacement disc after contacting them.
These are well documented issues, nothing to do with how I may or may not keep my cds, dvds or blurays. Nothingbto do with heat or humidity either

Jokes aside, there was an issue with the manufacturing of the Aqualung bluray which came exclusively in the boxset and lots of copies became unplayable and useless as time passed and they eventually turned greenish.
Mine was affected and it was completely unplayable. I tried to contact the company and I had no answer and Amazon couldnt care less as it was more than 2 years ago.
Fortunately, the dvd almost replicated contents though not completely and sound quality is not as good.
This was when I began ripping every concert or audio-only dvds or blurays I buy. Since last year I also do the same with every SACD.
So, if you have not played your bluray for some time I would check it.
The same thing happened with one of my Pink Floyd's Immersion boxes, I think it was WYWH but here the company send me a replacement disc after contacting them.
These are well documented issues, nothing to do with how I may or may not keep my cds, dvds or blurays. Nothingbto do with heat or humidity either
Well, thankfully, the AQUALUNG BD~A contained in the box set played just fine and although it has been stated that the later DVD~V DTS 5.1 had no anomalies or milisecond drop outs, I will state unequivocally I have never heard AQUALUNG sound better ...... And IMO, the STEREO DVD~V 2.0 hi res remasters on ALL the TULL box sets when compared to the LOSSY DTS 5.1 codecs sound superior which is why I hope Chrysalis and the TULL camp will reconsider releasing ALL those brilliant Steve Wilson TULL remixes on future LOSSLESS BD~A 5.1 [or even ATMOS] discs!

That mentality of offering a LOSSLESS hi res Stereo remaster and a LOSSY DTS 5.1 should be outlawed. Hey, we're buying these sets MAINLY for Steve Wilson's outstanding 5.1 remixes not the hi res Stereo remaster!

Last edited:
I was lucky to get that Aqualung box set at a crazy blow out price. Last time I played the bluray it worked a few years ago
I already have a defective Beatles Love DVDA and have bought a new copy but can't do that with Aqualung.
The music industry are not our friends.

well, I'm loving this BLANK BD release!!!

If you like any kind of Electronic/Ambient style music; you should also dig this one (y) (y)

The mix/mastering is sublime :QQlove

I can only imagine what you cats with Atmos heights are experiencing with this one.

Dolby Atmos Mixing & Mastering by:
David Merkl & Stefan Bock at msm-studios 👏

View attachment 102157
What HE said! Truly sublime. All thanks to QQ for another disc about which i wouldn't have known were it not for this wonderful site! Really digging this release!
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 10.11.33 AM.png
No poll thread . . . yet!

Listening now to my new copy,
Steve Hackett-The Circus And The Nightwhale.
Blu Ray-MKV Rip to 5.1 FLAC.
24bit/48Khz. DR's are 7, 10, 11, 12's, 13's, 14, 15.
Good music, sound and surround, but the weirdest title and ugliest cover.
Reading the liner notes, his journey, you get to find meaning of title and picture.
R-29816800-1708079878-2239.jpg

Back