Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Crap man! IMO, Steven Wilson totally knocked this out of the park. The Atmos sounds incredible. Heights are super active throughout. Wow!

1708996478423.png

What HE said! Truly sublime. All thanks to QQ for another disc about which i wouldn't have known were it not for this wonderful site! Really digging this release!
View attachment 102262 No poll thread . . . yet!
Got this in my mailbox today along with the VAT bill. ;) A really good Auro 3D mix on this to complement the Atmos.:cool:

Tangerine Dream ~ Phaedra 5.1 blu ray
50th anniversary of release, nearly five years since the In Search of Hades box.

...released on 20 February 1974 through Virgin Records.
This is the first Tangerine Dream album to feature their now classic sequencer-driven sound, which is considered to have greatly influenced the Berlin School genre.

The album marked the beginning of the group's international success and was their first album released on the Virgin label.
It achieved six-figure sales in the UK, reaching number 15 in the UK Albums Chart in a 15-week run,[6] with virtually no airplay...

1709166625771.png

1709166672294.jpeg

Trevor Horn - Echoes: Ancient & Modern
It is nice and I would describe the covers as generally ethereal in nature.
I don't expect to spin it often because I disagree with the album's premise of taking familiar songs and slowing them down to the point of sucking the passion out of the original versions.
Johnny Cash pulled it off with Hurt by replacing the pace with his life's pain; here is it simply slower.

Back