Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro Tull Stormwarch
FFDxzL5.jpg

Pet Shop Boys-nonetheless- released 4/25/2024.
Dolby Atmos-Blu Ray-MKV Ripped file. 24bit/48Khz. Dr's are 11's, 12's, 13, 14, 15.
Very good Atmos mix, always a good listen with the Pet Shop Boys.
The PCM stereo 24bit/96Khz is highly compressed compared to the Atmos True HD. The stereo DR's are 4, 5's, 6's, weird there is so much of a difference.
R-30498838-1714043083-4257.jpg

You know I only feel the need to post in this thread if a mix wows me...or irks me. Case in point:

Yujiro Ishihara - Nostalgia (5.0 24/96 DVD-A) [TEAS-12013]

IMG20240501220321.jpg

This is just a 3-channel stereo mix. This is not a live recording. I expected at least the strings to be in the rears. It's very clearly remixed from the multitracks. Shame.

The fidelity is outstanding though, so it's a keeper in that regard. Extremely center-channel heavy...you kinda need a tower center.

Last edited:
You know I only feel the need to post in this thread if a mix wows me...or irks me. Case in point:

Yujiro Ishihara - Nostalgia (5.0 24/96 DVD-A) [TEAS-12013]

View attachment 105020

This is just a 3-channel stereo mix. This is not a live recording. I expected at least the strings to be in the rears. It's very clearly remixed from the multitracks. Shame.

The fidelity is outstanding though, so it's a keeper in that regard. Extremely center-channel heavy...you kinda need a tower center.
Here's the Discogs listing:

https://www.discogs.com/release/29487106-Yujiro-Ishihara-17th-Memorial-The-Superior

Ah yes, I've got the entire set.

I do recommend the set for anybody who's a fan of the music. Although I do find the 5 live performances somewhat redundant, I'm sure they'll please the collector.

Beware! Even though this is 24/192, not all tracks are actually sourced from 24/192 scans of the master tapes. It appears a few could not be found or were very damaged, so they had resorted to DAT backups for those. However, this doesn't really impact fidelity...they all still sound unbelievably good for tracks from the 1950s-1980s. Very healthy DR too.

Back