Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Craven-Two False Idols DTSCD -just got it and what a wonderful album, just love the tasty guitar playing on this album.
Adam thanks so much for doing the bandcamp listing as would not have gotten this if you hadn't of posted the listing of surrounds available on bandcamp.

This is as good a recording as any other singer/songwriter albums I have from the greats of the past.

Ben Craven-Two False Idols DTSCD -just got it and what a wonderful album, just love the tasty guitar playing on this album.
Adam thanks so much for doing the bandcamp listing as would not have gotten this if you hadn't of posted the listing of surrounds available on bandcamp.

This is as good a recording as any other singer/songwriter albums I have from the greats of the past.

Oh... you do flatter me, Peter! :eek: We should give thanks to Ben Craven, really!

After all, he's the Artist who created the fabulous music (and the surround mixes thereof!) I'm just an ever so 'umble consumer, with a not so humble agenda to get as much of the less well-known but still excellent surround music some of us might have missed the last decade or so into the hands/eyes/ears/homes of as many fellow Quaddies here as possible..! :D

(Oh and also I can't take any credit, since I'm sure one of the longer time QQ-ers told me about that Ben Craven DTS in the first place!? zabble or vinylguy or someone else of that ilk, you know one of the guys round here who have literally everything ...meantime, what can I say about my dastardly master plan to infiltrate all homes and take over the world with surround music? its a work in progress, okaayyy...!!! hehehehe... :ugham: )

Slim Cessna's Auto Club 'The Commandments According to SCAC.' Right UP fredblue's alley....ultra discrete (DTS/DD 5.1). Literally comes packaged in a partial paper sack with the band's autographs on the rear. Unique, to say the least.

http://slimcessnasautoclub.myshopif...the-commandments-according-to-scac-ltd-ed-dvd

Thanks for your hot tip, Ralph, though its already been up my alley (well some of it, in my ear canals, at least..) but only in test/rough mix form.. I'll be ordering the finished product very soon ..sooner still if I can scrabble together some extra pennies toiling away at the weekend.. I'll be doing a paper round next to fund this habit (that was once a mere vice.. :eek: )

Last Time I Saw Him - Diana Ross (Quadro.. from one of them old long playing records! :music )

playing it again, Sam... loving this one so.. doubt anyone would be bonkers enough to reissue it in 2016 but stranger things have happened.. cool surround mixes of a rather sweet album, very much of its time but thats part of its charm, for me anyway.. :eek:

Music for the weekend:

Yell_zpsrdllspdk.jpg

There are some crazy lyrics on this one :confused:

Michael Schlierf - Clouds And Silver Linings. (SACD Stockfisch)

light light jazz. Borderline (dare I say) Muzak. ;)

Well, the playing & arrangements are tasteful. The music is pleasant, easygoing fare, if a bit melancholy at times.
The real winners are Stockfisch's discrete surround mix and beautiful fidelity.

Last edited:
Back