Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An LP, Fizzy.. quite an interesting one too, a German pressing on the Philips imprint.. it has all the QS blurb on the rear sleeve (that is also on the Chronicles remastered CD I have somewhere too) so I presume its encoded and all that.. anyway the record pans out pretty nicely thru the diddy little Surround Master i think (what else could it be decoded by chez moi? i don't have any other decoders! haha.. so nothing to compare it to.. but in my little world its alright until/unless we ever get the real discrete thing from the Quad master tapes.. :eek: )

I knew I had a pic of it I took somewhere :eek:

Now playing:

Brass Fever (Impulse)

Some of the top session players of the early/mid 70's are on this one. James Jamerson is one of them. Amazing playing throughout by those cats. I do wish this was more discrete though.

Quad%20Brass%20Fever%201_zpssli5sueo.jpg

I was looking at the 4 x decoded channels of this the other night and I suspect it is not a 4-channel remix after all but possibly just stereo run thru a QS encoder or something along those lines, as there was seemingly nothing unique going on in the rears as distinct from the fronts.. and in almost all cases the rears seemed to have been EQ'd to be brighter and with less bass than the fronts which may give some sensation of separation but really nothing to write home about. A real shame as its a superb album imho. Thanks for the opportunity anyway! :upthumb

Checking it out now on "YouTube"... sounds good for an acoustic album... not what I'd ever expect from this band... I still miss those heavy, crunchy guitar riffs ("Warp Riders" was The Sword's pinnacle, IMO)
The Sword "Warp Riders"
The Sword "Low Country"
Apparently they have an acoustic version of High Country out called "Low Country". Curious if you've heard it. I personally haven't yet, but some buddies of mine have said really good things about it. But yeah, gotta agree, high country was (n)

Years ago, I remember seeing this on the shelf at Best Buy...why oh why did I just not buy it? IIR, it was less than $30 bucks.....

It was one of the few multichannel discs I purchased around 2005 - 2006, when there was a lot of new dvd audio's (and sacd's) to choose from in the shops. Ordered it together with Dire Straits Brothers in Arms sacd, paying a total of $40 incl shipping.

It feels kind of coming late to the party, finally really getting into multichannel music - only a few months ago :)

It was one of the few multichannel discs I purchased around 2005 - 2006, when there was a lot of new dvd audio's (and sacd's) to choose from in the shops. Ordered it together with Dire Straits Brothers in Arms sacd, paying a total of $40 incl shipping.

It feels kind of coming late to the party, finally really getting into multichannel music - only a few months ago :)

I just made a bid on Discogs for Foreigner 4....I'm sure it will be declined. Hey, doesn't hurt to make the offer.

Was listening to these two last night.

Gotta love A.F. for getting these two mixed and subsequently shelved quad/5ch mixes released for the masses.

They( A.F.), do us quadraphiles proud with all their efforts. :sun :upthumb

Blood Sweat And Tears -Child Is Father To The Man (5.1) and I recently recieved my copy of Laura Nyro-Eli And The 13th Confession( 4ch )

Both highly recommended for the surround mixes. Quad collector's dreams do sometimes come true.(y)

20160929_200347.jpg

Better late than never :) Good to have you around :upthumb

E.L.P.

Their 4 DVD-A'S and the 1970 Isle Of Wight dualdisc.20160929_200144.jpg

Aww shit, what a missed opportunity wth the first disc......I mean of course-"TANK" should have been included (as penteo).That song is so very pivotal to that album.
Maybe one day, a new reissue ?

Dualdisc ;

20160929_200048.jpg20160929_200058.jpg

Rejoice! ... By Gong one of Bruce Soords Best 5.1 mixes to date. I had forgotten I ordered this because I ordered direct through Gongs website a pleasant surprise when it turned up and even more pleasant surround mix

Average White Band - AWB (Quad)

Every time I listen to this.. ("now and again it occurs to me") ..how in the hell has the Quad of this never been reissued at any time in the last 40 years..?

:smokin

Back